Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

summarize your worst/best MOAB story

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Sep 25, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

mine involves a 1800.00 towing bill that had to paid in cash due to the owners smart remarks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif glad it wasn't me

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Went though the area in the backseat of My Moms car in the middle of the night when I was seven. My older Brother had bad gas from the roadside diner earlier that night.
    That was the best and the worst of it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My family and I had a lot of fun going down Metal Masher trail in a stock S10 Blazer and a rental Ford Exploder. We were a little lost. The only reason we made was because we were going down and not up.

That was probably the trip that hooked me on wheeling.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Having to leave my Jimmy in the wash right after Lower Helldorado overnight. It was dark, raining and we had to wait a couple hours for the other group to winch out of Upper Helldorado before they could come and get us. I had no hardtop or doors on and we weren't really dressed for the weather.

My buddy Stan spotted a cave in the cliffside...so we hunkered down in the cave while we waited.

Overall that wasn't too bad...except about 3 hours before Stephen and Fred found us we had both run out of smokes. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I really wish I could go to BB '04 this year...

Rene

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Probably has to be EJS 2001. There was an "older" couple behind me on Golden Spike. These folks though the trail was "just a scenic dirt road." They were in their brand new 01 Wrangler. They tore it up so bad on The Body Snatcher and in The 'Crack.

I felt bad because I had to strap them across everything. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I only have a worst story............

I've never been......................

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

that's tobad , cuz it's really purdy there this time of year, I was just down there yesterday working (picking up a load of potash), I go right past the poison spider trail head, do it almost every week, this week it was twice. I really wish I could make it to BB04 From another good band Black Crows; "jealous again"