Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Summer Campout

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by T-ROY, Jan 2, 2004.

1. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I've been reading the posts from/by Blue Knight about their club. I'm a bit confused about what happened in the before times and really don't care. But it did get me thinking. I have been thinking about trying to start a full size club, but have decided that I don't have the time or experience to do it right. What I am thinking is that within this website, we have somewhat of a "Club" and should think about setting up an event for the summer. I don't really have anything firm in mind, but I would like to see a long weekend campout (Family freindly) and a wheeling component. Maybe find a place that we could do an obsticle course or trail run. Sand, Mud, Rock, Whatever. It would be nice to meet the people that are on the site. My family and I had a good time at the Julianno's Pizza get together. I would like to see that kind of atmosphere. Relaxed and cool. Does anybody have any ideas? Is this a crazy idea? Let me know what you think. I am willing to put some time into making it happen, but I don't want to try to be "In charge" of anything. It seems to me that there are a lot of people that use this site that are creative and interested in doing fun things.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Shannon started it last yr and it will happen again this yr and many yrs to come. An annual event at Sand Lake for the full weekend. But that doesn't mean someone else can't do one for the mountain terrain also.

As for a NW club, you are typing within it right now. We are not really a club, just a bunch of people that like to get together for the same cause....TO HAVE FUN AND WHEEL....without all the other bullshit.

We've been trying to have a pizza place get together (if you call it that LOL)every couple months. If someone thinks we should have one sooner, then speak up. I personally would like to have one next time in the daytime so we can all look at each others rigs in the daylight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

we will have our second annual beach blast this may 22nd camp friday and saturday night at sand lake with a day full of events saturday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

we up here in washington have big get together thing in naches over memorial day.....and like always everyone is welcome....if we know in advance the number of peeps then we can secure a big enough area..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifi may hafta make an appearance at beach blast this year

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jeff has it exactly right - much like the Oregon Bushhackers, we are now basically using this forum as our 'email list' and 'club headquarters'. It appears this is exactly what most of us want - just a way to communicate with each other, ability to buy and sell items among our family of members, post help needed questions, etc. Seems to work.

Shannon did a fantastic job of setting up last year's Beach Blast..........tho I didn't go due to work travel issues, all reports point to a resounding success. Plenty of fun, great raffle prizes and some wheeling thrown in. There have been maybe a half dozen pizza/brew get togethers like the one at Juliano's. Good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Putting something together is as simple as starting a thread saying what you want to do. Anyone interested can then jump in. No Presidents, no protocol to follow, just throw the idea out there and watch it grow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Thats kindof where I was going with that post. So far, everybody I have met or talked to online has been very cool and quite helpful. I have had a couple of driveway days at my house and look forward to more as the weather permits. Shannon, if you need some help with Beach Blast, let me know how I can be involved. I don't have tons of time, but definately want to be involved.
    As far as the "Club", Jeff, I like what you're saying and agree that there doesn't need to be a "Formal" format. Keep me up to speed with events. As the year goes along, I plan to make an effort to actually get out and use my Blazer. I'm tired of it just keeping the driveway from flying away.
    Hey, has anybody heard from Ryan lately? I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.
    I do think we should figure out a charitible thing to do soon. Maybe a Food drive, Blood drive, Beach or trail cleanup, etc. Any ideas?
    Best of all in the new year.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i will definitely need help with it and hope i can get more people involved this year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i will make a post tonight about what i will need help with so we can make it a bigger event this year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe a Food drive, Blood drive, Beach or trail cleanup, etc. Any ideas?
    Best of all in the new year.

[/ QUOTE ] Blood drive he says... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifAlright but at 90 proof a shot ,I'm gonna have to charge double.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI havn't heard from Ryan in awhile either , maybe I'll give him a call... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Troy, whatever you do....Inviting fumes is an option if you want your turds burgaled /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

He may be a 90 degrees of center, but you gotta admit, HE IS INTERTAINING! And no, Fumes, you may not stay in my camp. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, has anybody heard from Ryan lately? I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen him 2 times last weekend drive by the store and I wave at him but haven't had a chance to say hi but he is still alive and kickin.

As for the summer campout thing I would love to attend the Beach Blast (work and money permitting). I did have a really good time meeting everyone at Juliano's and am looking forward to more get togethers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif