Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Summer Projects?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jun 29, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Last year it was the frame swap and SM465/NP 205 swapped in for 700R4/NP 208. This year, it's 350 swap, do some rear shocks, and possibly a 1 ton axle swap if I pick this truck up on Tuesday.

What's up with you guys?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i am knee deep in mine right now, Im putting in ORD greasable bushings in every where plus a set of zero rates on front and back, pushing both axles out the 1.5"s, i have one more spring to get done and that will be finished, Im putting in the furd shock towers up front for some longer travel and once thats done i have to put on my TCI tranny pan, oh yea im putting my 40s on 15x12 rims with 3.5"s of BS vive the 15x10 with 4.125"s of bs, once thats done i need to start working on a cage and would like to get some 4:88s and a detroit in the 14 bolt, and then find a 60, i dont know if the summer is going to be long enough /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

New tranny /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

covering the suburban up with a tarp. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Lol isn't that a yearly project with a 700? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    covering the suburban up with a tarp. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is up with that? First, the clear taillight pictures that those guys made for you, and now a tarp to cover it? Damn!

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is the first time for a new tranny and this is after 169,400mi /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is the first time for a new tranny and this is after 169,400mi /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking. I never had a lick of trouble with mine, I just prefer a stick.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

New tranny...I guess the truck made your decision for you huh?/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

My summer project(s):

Chop half cab and install full vert soft top.
    Finish rock sliders
    Family cage
    Front and rear hybrid style bumpers
    paint truck
    New 39.5x15x15 TSL's
    Get injectors and injector pump rebuilt

BigDummy89K5's truck:

Finsih the last bit of rust repair welding.
    Finish fender trimming front and rear, cap rock sliders
    Family cage
    front and rear hybrid style bumpers
    build one good tailgate from two bad ones (should be a neat trick)
    Move front diff 1" forward
    Replace inner axle seals
    Get interior Line-X'd

This is the list, we only have so many 'free' days and nights to get the work done and a limited budget of course. The goal is to have at least one truck done enough for Moab in October.

Today, I'm going to be bolting the new JD2 to the floor and maybe make a test bend or two/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The new bender is definitely going to get a workout (and so are my arms...)

Rene

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    New tranny...I guess the truck made your decision for you huh?/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was bound to happen sooner or later /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is up with that? First, the clear taillight pictures that those guys made for you, and now a tarp to cover it? Damn!

[/ QUOTE ] yepp a tarp, its sittin in my backyard uninsured and hasnt moved in over 2 months now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yepp a tarp, its sittin in my backyard uninsured and hasnt moved in over 2 months now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad. My truck hasn't moved since August 21, 2002. It ran for 3-4 weeks last year and before that it hadn't moved since December 21, 2001.

13. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Keep as much as I currently have invested while changing everything else! Just like last year!

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] the k5 isn't getting a tarp but is doing the samething. Its sitting next to the summer project, 1969 Firebird.