Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Summit exhaust kits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Feb 26, 2004.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

I managed to crush the yoke on my exhaust, which besides a flowmaster was pretty much all that was there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, so now I need a new exhaust. I'm a broke student so I was looking at summits true dual setup. Anyone have any opinions? Is it run in a place were I wont just rip it off again, especially since I run a 2 inch body lift? Oh and I dont get tested for emmissions so no worries on the cat. I need to find a cheap way to get an exhaust that wont just get ripped off again. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    -Kell-

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I bought mine from LMC, isn't the best exhaust in the world, but I had mine all welded in so it will at least last me a few good yrs before i have to replace.

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a Summit Kit on my plow rig that is a year old...
    the pipes are almost gone... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

The Summit mufflers aren't bad..
    But the quality of tube isn't the greatest...
    the fit sucked... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Havent modified the blazer yet but I bought the FLowmaster dual exhaust setup for my car with the Summit Turbos. Great setup for the price. Again, I dont know if it will work on your Blazer.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

seems the best way is always to just go have them bent up, thats what im ganna do on my truck this summer..but i know a few people have put the dynomax dual systems on and they seems to be pretty good and there cheap..

6. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

thanks for the info, If I do buy there exhaust I will only get the piping and buy a second flowmaster. I'm just worried because I have seen so many shitty exhausts on 4x's that in the conditions I go would be lost in a matter of seconds. I want to do the real deal(Headers through true duals custom bent) but I can't afford it(School sucks) and its my dd in Bellingham were the police and hippies dont seem to appreciate straight pipes /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.
    -Kell-

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Aside from poorly bent systems, I think the #1 cause of crappy looking exhaust is the cheap garbage that is typically used to mount it.

The 20 year old mounts on my K5 are still good, the ons they used on my dads truck about 5 years ago fell apart already. I'm making my headers fit the stock system so that I can retain the factory exhaust hangars. It's very well supported where it needs to be (in the back) but not in the front so it can move a bit without putting undue stress on stuff.

At least thats what I figure the poor looking exhaust comes from...either you see the pipes angled up and hitting the body, or angled down and almost hitting the ground. I can't imagine anyone would let their rig leave a shop like THAT!

8. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I bought the hooker dual kit for my 78 for $130 through summit and It has worked pretty well so far.

9. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Does anyone know of where to get a kit for the manifolds back for an '87? Would check my buddies '73 to see how similar the under carriage but I won't be able to check that untill I head home, so any opinions on if they are interchangeable would be sweet, thanks.
    -Kell-