Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Summit impressed me today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Took the Blazer in for some fine tuning since it seemed to be running crappy. The shop says the distributor is shot. It was an old Summit copy of an MSD HEI. So, I jump online and order me up a new MSD Pro-billet HEI from Summit. I paid for next day air. The site said 1-2 days for shipping so I was expecting not to get the thing until Saturday, and the shop would already be closed for the weekend. To my surprise, even though I ordered it Thursday afternoon, it arrived this morning at 8:00 a.m. Not only did it get here fast, they threw in a nice baseball hat and a catalog. Very impressive.

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I order a lot of stuff from Summit. They are pretty good about getting stuff out, providing tracking numbers, or notifying you if somthing is back ordered. There web-site has some problems with product description sometimes. Two times I ordered a part, and it was wrong because the web-site description was wrong. Summit was good about it though, and paid for the shipping to return it, without any arguments.

The only problem I have with ordering things from Summit, is that since they are located in in the same state as me (Nevada), I have to pay sales tax on evrything I buy from them, but even with the sales tax, many times thier prices are still lower than their competitors.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

summit = great customer service 99.9 % of the time. :waytogo: :thumb: :xmas:

4. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

x2

the're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeaaatt! :D

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The price was better than I was getting quoted everywhere else. The unit I bought was $364. I called around to every local place and was getting quotes for $450 and up.