Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Summit is too damn cool.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

So I ordered a bunch of stuff for the new motor on Sunday. Had to call the verification dept yesterday cause it was a fairly large order. Everything but the cam kit was coming from the Nevada warehouse. Cam was coming from Ohio. The lady on the phone said they'd pay for second day air on the cam kit so it would all arrive at the same time. +1.

Just checked out the order status on the website, everything is scheduled for delivery tommorrow. +2. This is the first time I've ever ordered anything from Summit- I'm impressed. They make it easy...Summit rocks. :D

2. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Seconded.

I have ordered twice from Summit, and being in KY makes delivery almost definite 2 day, even when I order on a sunday online.

Summitracing.com Wins!

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I order from Summit all the time, stuff always shows up sooner than I expect.

4. Dr. Morgenstern

Dr. Morgenstern Registered Member

Tecumseh, Ontario (across from Detroit, Mi)
    I order from summit all the time, and am always impressed.

If they didn't include any free goodies with your order (hats, t-shirts etc.), email them back and ask them why not. I did, and 2 free hats were overnighted.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah summit racing is awesome. Ive always had good experiences with them...and as stated above they usually include some free stuff. I have also had good experience with jegs...
    -Harrison

6. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I have had similar experiences with both jegs and summit. Both of them freakin' rock!

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've been ordering from Summit for 15yrs now. I ordered from Jegs once, but only because I was impatient and Summit was back ordered.

The free stuff is cool, too.

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I ordered a set of bushings from Summit once -- I was shocked when they showed up a meer three days later in the big brown truck! The brokerage fee on them sucked, due to shipping via UPS, but I was shocked how quickly it all arrived!

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

+1 for summit, always fast and geat service

10. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I love summit. 9 times out of 10 its next day for me. :wink1:

11. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yay free hats from sumit. way nicer than the jegs ones. haha

12. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Next day for me as well. Plus going there is a candy store. I use to stop in when I went to Hot August Nights every year. Great customer service. I walked in with some headers that I had for a couple of years that were defective and they gave me a new pair on the spot. When I did my build, I bought all my parts up front and was not able to warranty a lot because of the down time before testing, but summit was always good about it.

13. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

How does four days from order to delivery sound......and thats to my door, in Australia :D

Yes Summit rocks!

14. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

I'm running out of places to put all the sheets of Summit stickers and free sample size degree deodorant sticks! Summit is cool, and just because it's not in the catalog or their website doesn't mean they don't have it. They carry EVERYTHING!:eek1:

15. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i have always had good experience with summit till about now... i think. i ordered a spring kit for a lock right i just picked up and i was warned to specificly ask for a dana 60 spring kit, summit doesnt stock these. i called up and they said they have them, i said "are you sure its for a dana 60" the guy says yeah we stock them, i trusted him and went ahead paid them, yadda yadda. i looked at the part number tonight, its the dana 44 version, i doubt the guy on the phone knew that much about lock rights but i wish he would have checked. is summit open now? i wanna call and get it fixed. oh yeah they said it should have arrived around today and according to the tracking number they havnt even shipped it out yet

16. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I only by my parts from summit ans napa. I will buy pull crap stuff from advance auto parts. But I do 80% of my buying from summit racing

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Another Summit user here...9-10 its at my door the next day. My last order I got a free hat & a free tire gauge...they just added it to my order free of charge:bow:

18. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

haha your only like 15 mins from me. So I dont see why it wouldnt be next day for you too. :D

19. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You can call them 24hrs a day. I like to order late at night because you get through right away.

A lot of times what I do is go to the manufacturer's website and find the part number. Then go to Summit and put the number in the search. It comes up and I order it online.

Seems like often the part you're looking for doesn't come up in a search on Summit. So I find the above method easier and quicker. Plus like I say, you know you've got the right part.

20. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

We're all gettin primo treatment because of the competition between Jeg's and Summit. But this is corporate America, the bookkeepers on both sides are gonna figure it out. There's more money in a merger. For us as customers, it doesn't get any better than this, right now.:D