Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SummitRacing Great customer service..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Mar 19, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I oredered a crane cam and lifters and timing chain on sunday from them... Today at work I get a phone call from them giving me there apologies for the cam.. They said there records showed they had one.. But they couldn't find it.. It is going to be a couple weeks tell they get it from Crane.. He felt so bad for the mistake..I just said thanks for calling me.. Humans and computers make hiers.... I was just thankful he spent the time to call me and let me know....Dan

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

.. It is going to be a couple weeks till they get it from Crane..

<hr></blockquote>
    and it's gonne be free,right? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Comp Cams damn it! Lol, sorry, brand preference. I ordered some lift blocks from them and I ended up having a 10 minute chat about our toys with the guy I was ordering from. Cool place.

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I personally prefer Jeg's, but Summit isn't too bad. I am weary as I have backorder Rancho 9000's with them, so we will see. I will hold faith LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I like Jegs to . But the timing chain number wouldn't come up for some reason.. So I ordered it from Summitracing...Dan

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I too like summit (but) they were a little slow getting the order out..

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Hey CC, one thing I learned with Summit backorders is to call them and tell them you need the parts now and get them dropped shipped directly from the manufacture to you. Summit and Jegs deal in volume and when they order the parts for the wharehouse they get a bulk shipment which has backordered parts on it. Usually untill the order is complete they hold all the other parts then when the order is complete then the manufacturer sends it to Summit or Jegs. I found all this out from US Wheel when my wheels were on backorder at Summit so I called US Wheel and they said my wheels were part of a 1000 wheel order, it took 4 weeks to get them because of that. Funny thing is the day I got all the info from US Wheel is the day the truck was being loaded to go to Summit.

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If the stuff I order is already in stock, then Summit usually has it on my doorstep in 3 days. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the years and have always been happy with the parts, prices and service.

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I can not believe that some people are happy with that company they never are helpful and ship the wrong parts as in the numbers do not match the packing slips and ship only half the order and do not tell that the rest is on back order (summi* = sometimes or not at all) and believe me I am very understanding person

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info wayne... I will try that if I have problems with their backordering again. Personally I have a chip on my should with Summit just cause they have this guy that come through the pits at the nationals and other events and says "Call our racers hotline... faster service and a 10-40% discount" and then you call and no one has any idea WTF you are talking about. Next time you see their rep he is like " Well they should know..." DUMB /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I have also had some order problems with them, 2 weeks out on an order and I call them to see where the f*** my parts are and they say," OH I'm sorry this has been back ordered and we forgot to call so now you'll have to wait another 2 weeks atleast, or I love when you call the tech line about something and they give you some bulllshit answer then you call back and get someone else and they give another completely different answer, I have since delt with P.A.W. and have NO problems with service or tech help and you dont have to call another number the tech can also order the stuff for you right then!!!!!! And they are ALWAYS cheaper. Summit has gone up to high on everything, I always find the same stuff cheaper at other venders. just my .02

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

personally, Ive never had a problem with Jegs or Summit.... I dunno, maybe I have just been lucky. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

J

13. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I've had pretty good luck with Summit also....they even refunded my money on a carb that was probably "fine" when I was going through my whole Q-Jet fiasco!!

I ordered some stuff on Monday morning....got the shipment confirmation by Monday night....and the stuff arrived via FedEx this morning!

....MSD Ignition, Autometer Gauges, and Steering Wheel adapter.....the Wheel itself is on B/O, but I knew that from the start. So what am I doing sitting here on my computer?....I've got WORK to do! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif