Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sun roof

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ross, May 8, 2001.

1. Ross

Ross Registered Member

On my 86 Blazer there is an aftermarket sun or moon roof. I like it a lot. It is nice because the back of it flips up and it sends a nice draft thru my K5. I was wondering if any of you have one on your Blazer and if not you should get one. And if you do have one can you take off the glass all the way. If you can how is it done because I can’t figure out how to do it on mine. Thanks for the help.

1986 white K5

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Ross. First, you have to disconnect the latch from the glass. Then take a look at where your glass is connected to the unit. Some models have allen screws that hold the glass to the hinges. You have to CAREFULLY remove the plastic caps that hide these screws. Others you can remove the hinge at the frame. Can you post any pics of it?

[​IMG] Dont steal my truck..I dont need anymore worthless junk over my fireplace.

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Clickable posts:
    http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=132689&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5