Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!!! SUNDAY !!!..... Let's pick a route and meeting spots for a caravan!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Greg72, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

!!! SUNDAY !!!..... Let\'s pick a route and meeting spots for a caravan!

I was trying to think of ways we could all get together for the drive down to Hollister this weekend. I know there are guys from Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose heading down so with a little planning, we can all hit the road together.

Here's what I was thinking:

1st Spot: "GolfLand" arcade on 680 & Jacklin Rd. It's an easy landmark to find right off the highway and they have a big open parking lot. This could be the 8AM gathering spot for all the Fremont / Mlipitas / N. San Jose guys. It would also be a good spot for the guys who are "bumming rides" to park their cars for the day.

2nd Spot: Coyote Creek Exit at 101S - 2nd Gathering spot to pick up the South San Jose guys and surrounding areas (Campbell, Sunnyvale, Willow Glen) Maybe at around 8:30AM...? I know that Ryan B was planning to meet a few guys there already, so we could pick up their group and keep on truckin'. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I know some of the "hardcore" guys want to be at the "playgorund" area by 8AM.....but there's no way I'm getting up THAT early on a Sunday!!! I would be very happy to get there by 9:30 - 10AM.

Anyone like this idea? If a few guys had CBs....we could coordinate the arrival of the caravan at each spot and make sure that everyone knew what was going on.

Anyway, that's my idea

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: !!! SUNDAY !!!..... Let\'s pick a route and meeting spots for a caravan!

Does that mean I have to get up early and drive up to San Joe and meet you guys...LOL

3. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

the east bay guys are meeting offa mission around 8-830, and thats about 10 minutes offa golfland, im planning on having a cb by then, maybe you guys should wait for us to roll through golfland, get such a huge group that people will have to notice!!

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i tought we were all going to meet in Hollister at 8am

i really liked the spot we got last time and was gonna try to snag it again.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Some of us planned on meeting at the McDonalds on Mission and 680.

6. LiftedAssDodge

yeah thats the plan, after we leave there we should try to catch the golfland people

7. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

That sound good. If we could get to McDonalds between 8-815. That would be Killer. Then take the (10 min drive to Golfland) Normal commute time is 15 so we would be there in no time.
    Would you wait for Us /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. gokartergo

KidJethro & Blazin heart are coming down Saturday night and spending the night at my house..We should be able to get there fairly early and grab or spot...Dan

9. Greg72

Dan,

Are you talking about "Area 5" for the BBQ....? If I recall, that's where last years BlazerFest was, right?

I don't know my way around Hollister very well, but with my map I can usually find most places in the park. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I think the spot we where at the last Trail Run was inside the Play Ground area. Near the Log Frame twister. Literally 15 feet away from it. At a nice shady area with tables. And stuff.

11. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

We (me and some of my friends) planned on being there by 8am at Hollister. Is this the plan? sounds like some heads are meeting up here (milpitas) around 8am.

12. LiftedAssDodge

ok so the plan should be east bay crew meeting at mission by 8-815, then cruizing to golfland to meet up with the rest by 830 possibly 845 if someone is running late (please dont run late) and then so on and so forth, get a caravan of a crapload of trucks, wow some people on the freeway hehe

ill be a mediator i guess if anyone needs a contact with the east bay crew 925 214 0085 just page me on sunday morning or something

and what channel do we wanna use for the cb?

13. gokartergo

What Dunerunner said.. From there we can watch all the action while we have lunch...Dan

14. gokartergo

Also it is going to be packed there this weekend.. I have been in town working most of the day..And I must have seen 20 J**PS and 1 nice hummer and 2 green old dodge pickups on trailers go threw...And they were all packed for camping....I called Hollisterhills as soon as I got home and nothing special is going on this weekend..Looks like it will be busy...Dan

15. gokartergo

Can somebody bring some potatoe salad or something like that...Dan

16. Greg72

Someone told me that "Mud In Your Eye" was this weekend (unsubstantiated report).....it that possible?

It would certainly account for the crowds.

17. gokartergo

It is the April 26,27 and 28th... People might be going up to practice thou...Dan

18. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I got the salad dan...mike

19. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

So who all is gonna meet up at the McDonalds at Mission and 680 (besides me) Then we will go to the golfland on 680 right?

20. ibrakeformud

ibrakeformud 1/2 ton status

hey greg i know my way around hollester pretty good but it is always nice to have the map of hollister though. ill be at your house round 730-745 see yeah then