Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sunday or monday get together at the lake? grilling, light wheeling/shade

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75k5, Sep 3, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Interested in getting some ck5ers and family together for a barbeque and hang out in a shady cove at the lake? 30-40 minute drive or so from east valley, light wheeling and I have tubes for people to hang out in the lake cove. Lots of shade and sand also plan to bring good music and a grill /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Trying to keep in family rated and oriented too, maybe even a corny game of horse shoes?

Any ideas or interest let me know.

Nice spot to hang out and open too, not too crowded either and right by the lake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: sunday or monday get together at the lake? grilling, light wheeling/sh

I could probably go since its close and I can run it . It will be packed though with people , we should just hang in the pit and wheel . Water optional and only a short drive /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. supersize75k5

since we all have 4x4 we could go to the second cove..harder to get to so less people? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    .harder to get to

[/ QUOTE ]

No , just regular people don't know how to drive . I have video TJ took there showing a built Furd struggling up a hill I can walk right up . A stock 4x4 can do most stuff there , you just got to drag the e-brake in an open truck to keep the spinning minimal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have seen more regular idiots getting farther back there . Including some dumbass with a stock Z-71 with a canoe , and a broken front CV , getting pulled up a hairy hill too far back for regular people /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Sunday works better for me! This would an awesome way to meet everyone and to chill..which I know we all love to do /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. supersize75k5

for those who do want to do this or meet up, what time? there is also a gas station on elsworth and brown that is a good place to meet.

my phone took a crap but I still can check my messeges,

480-710-6967

-shawn

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

if u cant get a hold of shawn call me (480)518-3776

8. pauly383

Well ?????

9. pauly383

Sunday , Slydog , I can't find your number either , I PM'ed you mine . Dave woke up and returned my call , said he would call Shawn , its way later now .

I am going to hang with my wife now . If you all get together have fun .If it happens before its too late today , cool I'll drive up the street and hit it . If its tommorrow , I won't show up until late if I DO at all . I am going to see DGR for someone tommorrow morning and pick something up to hold for them .

Later

10. pauly383

Well it was impromptu Sunday night . I did wheel a bit in my running truck . We met a new guy named Andrew , with his little boy . He had a 91 Blazer and we turned him onto the site . Seems he had been frequenting local shops and didn't know about shackle flips etc . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i hope that guy joins the az boys, he was realy cool and his little boy is so cool and he likes wheeling too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. supersize75k5

big..yawn

got home right at 5 am..

had a fun time, after looking at the truck though.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

time for new paint /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    time for new paint

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get something that will buff easily . You can't avoid the pinstriping here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. supersize75k5

No worries for now,

Also you really missed out at 4am

That white 02 Chevy 2wd turned out to have a dead, tranny and rear drive shaft. Plus the busted windows...

On the way out we see a 01 Chevy 2wd long bed down there...turns out he is buddies with dead truck victim # 1 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

so then he want to be pulled up the hill, since I was the biggest truck I offered but only if he got it up to a certain point so it would be a little safer for us.

Well then the full throttle hill assaults start! yea haw /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif smashed the front end, laying frame...good times! so I finally strap up to him but he was stuck real good and my lack of time with a manual made me feel uneasy and like I had little control so I played it safe and unstrapped....

Then Chris in his xj on 37's try's to budge him with no luck...

So the five of get in the back and jump up and down to get the rear hopping...not much luck

So then Chris drags him down the hill and he gives it a all out full throttle wheel hopping no control total launch at the hill.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Seems every time I see that situation it involves people wanting to go drink and have a good time... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Then on the way home I get pulled over by the reservation police...I changed lanes to let them pass, they thought I was drunk or something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

David was lying in the back and pops his head up and they ask how many in the back, made me feel like I was crossing the border or something /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Good times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Smuggling David across the border again?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Fun times guys! Thanks for the good experienceand Paul for allowin me to share seats with Ashley /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Ashley

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Ashley ? My dog is Sara /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It was short but a good time . And I thought Shawn was supposed to drive fast off road ( past threads ) , he was behind us /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif When your rims come , I'd like to see your rig getting some soemtime . Oh and Happy Birthday in advance !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Doh! Thats the name of the girl last night /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Thanks for the bday wishes /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

18. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

pauly, shawn did drive fast u just werent there. it was fun riding in the back of the blazer runing from the border cops /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. i did get my green card to day so i dont have to run anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Doh! Thats the name of the girl last night /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Thanks for the bday wishes /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good times, man good times /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    time for new paint

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get something that will buff easily . You can't avoid the pinstriping here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think u can buff out fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif