Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sunday Wheelin

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Mar 29, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We have visitors from the board in Tucson at the moment . I just talked to Brian , and he would love to come check us out . I have a seat free , and can make another in a pinch .

How about a Sunday morning run like usual , 9 Am , Florence or Table Mesa , post up thoughts and Idears , one run for ALL of us . I need some other rigs so I can go , can't go alone :D:D:D

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm out of Tucson since Oct & would love to come. Only problem is my only 4x4 is a Sport Quad. So, two questions: Would I be able to take my quad? If not, could I ride with someone?

Thanks. Maybe me & the other DMAFB visitor can hook-up & come up together. I have room.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You have room on the quad?:eek1:

:haha:

4. pauly383

Yup , as a matter of fact we have a friend with one that was out last easier trip on his new one :D

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

It's a Polaris Predator sport quad, not a 4x4 or off-road style. If it's not alot of bad rocky areas or o by-passes, it should be all-right. Since I dodn't know where I'm going, I'm relying on you guys.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

If all goes well I want to go to TM on Sunday for testing. I was gonna wheel Saturday too, but ran into a few issues so I'm behind the curve. I'll let you know.

7. pauly383

Awesome . TM sounds good to me too . Been nothing but Florence for me since 2006 started :thumb:

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Okay then. I need some idiot-proof directions (I'm a really good idiot:D ) Coming from Tucson obviously. Also, what time are we meeting, where are we meeting, and any idea how long it'll take to get there fom the East side of Tucson (near I-10)? Thanks guys & I look forward tyo meeting everyone.

9. pauly383

For the Tucson boys , come up I-10 into Phoenix , take the I-17 North junction , go out of Phoenix a bit , take the Table Mesa exit , go left on Table Mesa heading west , turn at the first right which is a frontage road looking thingy , it will turn to dirt and have some clearings on the left .

We will be in the first really big one airing down and unloading so we can wheel by 9 am :thumb:

10. pauly383

Marvs map :

[​IMG]

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. Loos like I need to be on the road by 6:30 or so. OUCH:doah:

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Paul, do you have some sort of marker that I could put in MapQuest to map the entire route? It'll give me a time line that I can use as a gauge. Thanks.

BTW, I'll be the crew cab red & white F350 w/ a orange quad in the back.

13. pauly383

This is the actual intersection :

[2500-2501] W Table Mesa Rd
    New River, AZ 85087, US

14. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I'll plot the trip.

OUCH. May need to rethink some things.

:Start out going SOUTH on S BIRD SONG DR toward E DEER TRL.<0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>2:Turn LEFT onto E DEER TRL.0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>3:Turn RIGHT onto E AMANDA PAIGE DR.<0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>4:Turn RIGHT onto E ROCKY VISTA DR.0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>5:Turn LEFT onto S BONANZA AVE.0.2 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>6:Turn RIGHT onto E GOLF LINKS RD.7.3 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>7:Take the AVIATION HWY ramp.0.2 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>8:Merge onto E BARRAZA-AVIATION PKWY / AZ-210 W.3.7 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>9:E BARRAZA-AVIATION PKWY / AZ-210 W becomes E BROADWAY BLVD.0.3 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>10:Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto E CONGRESS ST.0.7 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>11:Turn RIGHT onto N FREEWAY.<0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>12:Merge onto I-10 W via the ramp on the LEFT toward PHOENIX.108.9 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>13:Merge onto I-17 N via EXIT 150A toward FLAGSTAFF.42.0 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>14:Take the TABLE MESA RD exit- EXIT 236.0.2 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>15:Turn RIGHT onto W TABLE MESA RD / NF-41 (Portions unpaved).<0.1 milesMap[​IMG]</IMG>16:End at [2500-2501] W Table Mesa Rd
    New River, AZ 85087, US Map[​IMG]</IMG>Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 164.53 miles

15. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool thanks for putting this together Pauly. I'll give you a call tonight after I get off of work around 6ish. I'll give you a call too Mark.

16. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I will be out there with the GF. I am up for what ever. We can hit preditor if all have a locker and sliders. This also makes it so I can try anihilator again (I know I am selfish).

17. pauly383

"A" Locker and sliders ............. hmmmm . I already have a couple dents to fix . If ya'll think I can do it cleanly , I am up for it . Wonder if its gonna be dry Sunday . I can take the top off if I had help .

18. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Hey everybody,,,Pauly will probably be out there early, just look for this guy,,,:D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  19. pauly383

If your not wheelin , for scaredy cat , monetary , or simply for 4xcrazy reasons ...............................then STFU and come back when ya wanna wheel :wink1:

20. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ha...! that's some funny chit right there.... fer shure!

ha... heh.... well.... er... maybe I should STFU cuz I don't think I'm gonna make this trip. :ignore:

I've got at least 2 amigos that need to "booty-fab" this weekend.... so I think the chance of me drinkin' beer in the garage is lot higher than me makin' it to TM road.... Sorry guys. :(

Marv