Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sunday wiring blues

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shawnboy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a song. On my way home from doing a little ridge hopping at my buddies yesterday started to smell something cooking. Oh oh, service engine soon idiot light comes on and the truck now runs like a tank.
    Got home at dark and ran a diagnostic. Computer says egr fault. @*#?!!!$$$. Took the ever dependable mag light and took a quick look. The wiring harness that runs along side the tbi came into contact with a very warm valve cover and now I must spend Sunday morning replacing wires instead of going fishing. Sucks to be me today.
    Shawnboy.

If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Not to worry Shawnboy, I went out fishin' today and it sucked just about right. Ran out of bait, got tired of casting and catching fish then had a low tire on the trailer and just barely made it home. Such is life..and the Blazer has the rear axle torn apart in the shop. Waiting til it cool's down to work on it.

3. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

If your vavlecovers get hot enough to burn wires, than it sounds like you have got an even bigger problem.

Keep it simple!

4. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

When I first saw it at night I thought the worst too. But after daylight inspection it turned out to be a previous owners' shi**y splice job. A quick fix. To make it worth my while I stuck in a new set of plugs, fuel filter and a new serpintine belt. Then I still managed to go out to my buddys' farm to go dirt wheeling, run my dog and even get in a half hour of fishing. Turned out to be a good day afterall.
    Shawnboy.

If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.