Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sundays Kill

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Muddytazz, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Here kitty kitty kitty.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Can you say DEAD kitty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

I got this sunday morning, I'll post more pics of it later when I get the film developed, this was taken with my dads cell phone

*update* I just got some of the measurements of this thing, 36-3/8" in diameter at the widest part of the chest, 6' 2" from the base of the neck to the butt(they don't include the head or tail in the length measurement), and the fang teeth were 2-3/4" long. They said this was an older cat cause some of the other teeth were broken and/or missing like you find in older cats.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dang dood.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

updated with new info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dayum bro... thats scary as hell. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

where did you get it at? yes i know where your hunting at but what road and also give us the story on it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I actually got it just outside of Wamic in the 3 mile area. Was sitting on a morning stand just under a rock ledge overlooking a clear meadow. Was looking off to my left cause i heard a footstep noise(sounded human, that it was my dad walking towards me), after a couple minutes of nothing showing, I turned to look out in the meadow again and caught movement in the corner of my eyes off to the right. Turned my head, and there he was standing there, facing me with 1 front paw just lifted off the ground about 30 to 40 feet away from me. I must of sat there for like 5 seconds as my heart jumped out of my body before I decided to raise my rifle /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifThat beats my bear story by a mile, we're gonna need more pics now, I hear cougar steaks are pretty good.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Soon as I get the rest of the film used up, I'll get them developed. Hopefully get the film used up this weekend when I go back up hunting again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mudhog

damn were you on the ground or in a tree?

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I was sitting on a rock ledge under another rock ledge. The only thing i could figure out is that I was near a den or something. When I go back up this weekend (wedndesday nite thru sunday nite) i'm going to go back and have a look around and see if I can find anything out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. mudhog

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Sweet! i gave up Cougars when I had one stalk ME /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif he was better at it than me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif he was sober /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I went back to fishing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

So the hunter became the hunted! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Cougars just aren't scared of people like most other animals. Other animals see/hear us and run..many times before we even know they are there. Cougars see/hear us and think....YUMMY!! LUNCH!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Over the 15 years or so I spent on my grandparents farm in The Dalles, we shot 5 that I know of. I've heard stories from others in that same area of putting a few down as well.

Glad you saw it before it turned you into Sunday brunch! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yikes ! That's why I'm glad they approved sidearms for us bowhunters! Freaked me out last year when I was coming back down a mountain trail and saw cougar tracks on TOP of my boot tracks............ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Good job!

16. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

We have one over here, comes up and the dogs start freakin.
    It starts screaming and the dogs lose it.
    The neighbor started tracking it.
    We thought is was Bobcats but the sign is obviosly couger.
    If he dosn't move on we will have to take him out.