Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SUNROOF

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SNOHEAD, Jul 16, 2000.

1. SNOHEAD

SNOHEAD Registered Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS PUT A SUNROOF IN THERE BLAZER. I WAS WONDERING IF IT WORKED OK ? AND WHERE DID YOU BY IT FROM ?
    thanks for the info

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Put in a sun roof???? Mine came with one , just pulled a few bolts and pull the top!!!!

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Mine came with one, and it leaks. Since the top comes off I see no need for one.

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

My 88 has a stock one and I haven't had any problems with it at all. It looks like the previous owner put some silicone around one of the bolts that hold the handle on the glass but that's no big deal. The 91 tub that's being put on right now doesn't have one so I've got to find some way to swap it over from the 88, or just have a new one installed.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

5. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I have one in my 83, its did leak, bit a little silicon around where it seals did the trick

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If your getting one put in make sure that the people who put it in or you don't let the water leak through the sides of it. I don't know if that makes sense but I read somewhere about someone who bought a K5 and it had a sunroof and it had pipes for draining the water off of it but the pipes didn't go all the way down and ended in the side panel of the truck and it was rusted real bad. I don't even know why you would need pipes anyway but just make sure they do it right

90K5

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

That may explain why my truck rotted where it did, right under the posts behind the doors... I'll have to look into that.
    Joe

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I have two installed in mine one on each side. I installed them myself, the main trick is not to be stingy with the silicon.I sealed it top and bottom, and as I said in another post I had to repair the seals, basically you just open the window, run a bead of silicon around the seal, cover it with wax paper and gently close the window. Wait 24 hours then open window and peel wax paper off. No more leaks for 2 years now.