Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sunshine Swamper Offroad Club

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by FL84K5, Aug 24, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone from the central Florida area have any info about this club? I'm thinking about joining, right now I don't have anyone to go fourwheeling with.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    right now I don't have anyone to go fourwheeling with

[/ QUOTE ] AH~HEM! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Swampers are OK if you like mainly mud, but its been a looong time since I have talked to any of them, so they may be doing more trails now. Most everyone I know of them are the founding members. I could have been a founding member but didnt join at the time (and for some reason still havent. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif)

I have noticed lately that there have been a ton of rigs running around w/ the Swamper logo. I thought they had disbanded until about 2 months ago.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I dont have any one to go wheling with until you get your axles swapped /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif When I drove by the car show they had indowntown, it looked like they had something set up, so the next upcoming show Im going to check it out and get some info on it.

4. Pure Insanity

Im up for some lighter weight stuff till I get them swapped. And besides maybe Ill accidentally brake my axles so I HAVE to swap them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Overkill said he would come over for a day trip, BlazinBill went out a few weeks ago and is wanting to go again, Theres the guy in StPete (sorry cant remember his name at the moment) that wants to go, Im sure I could get BigBlueBlazer to go if I could ever get in touch w/ him, flblazer has seemed to have dropped off the planet /forums/images/icons/frown.gif , If we were to go to Ocala we could prob get FlCpl4Fn and Boggin nut to come down from Jax, MTPockets and RedDwarf live in G-ville.

OK this is starting to sound like the run I was planning last fall. You werent around here then, but it was looking real good, people were talking about coming from Pensacola to FtLauderdale to meet in Ocala. I had to pull out because of my grandmothers health. (which she would never have let me do if she had known I pulled out for her, She passed away a week and a half ago. So I am willing to go away for the weekend now.) Anyway, when I pulled out the whole idea died, and I guess noone went. Starting planning again has been running through my head here lately. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your grandmonther. I didn't realize there were that many people in FL from CK5. A ride in Ocala sounds good. Keep me informed when you get in contact with other people so when can work out a weekend to do this. Now I need to get my header fiasco straightened out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Pure Insanity

Thanks. As bad as it sounds she is better off. She was ate up w/ cancer. I really dont think its totally hit me yet. I grew up next to my grandparents and have always been real close to them. Papa died in Feb. and Nana this month. Its been a suck ass few months.

Anyway. Ill try to remember to PM you some threads that are Fla roll calls. I have most of them anyway saved.

I wont be going to Ocala till I have the damn axles in. LOL! Thats too far away to have to be towed in from. Unless I can get a trailer wide enough to put PI onto so I can tow it up w/ the dually. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Let the headers self clearance. LOL! Sooner or later the axles will beat the tubes where they want them. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

sorry to tell you guys but we all ready went wheeling,we could'nt get ahold of you guys so we just went like a week ago.j/k /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif i've been stalling on putting my tranny in,its still sitting in the garage floor.as soon as i get off my lazy ass ill get that sucker in.i think im going to use a motorcycle/atv jack like the big table looking thing,to install it.well anyway im still on here every now and then.im also on www.truckworld.com and theres a new site its called www.offroadflorida.com theres alot of fla. guys on those two sites,check em out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Ocala, Croom, Richloam, dosent matter where we go. The passenger side header is already dented in pretty bad. Im afraid if I flex the suspension any, it will crush the header tube. Im gonna see if I can find the correct header for this thing. Depending on how long until we get a trip planned, I might have time to get a lift done /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Thanks for the links mud junkie.

9. Pure Insanity

I was kinda wanting to try to do something this weekend. If it dont happen I wont be "heart broken" Ive just had the itch. LOL!

I am thinking more and more about starting planning a fall run where it would be a weekend deal. Just after last yrs SNAFU I am wondering if anyone would take it serious. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Thanx for the links Junkie.

10. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Id love to do something this weekend, but my headers are still a big problem. I cant even run with the hubs locked in, let alone 4 wheel drive /forums/images/icons/frown.gif If i can bang the tube back enough, a run this weekend would work. I think a weekend fall run would be awesome. I dont have classes on Friday and only work during the weekdays, so pretty much any weekend in the fall I could do a run.

11. Pure Insanity

We need to meet up and try to make some plans. Ill be home this evening if you want to swing by. Ill PM you my #.

12. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

im always up for it bro if you ever get ahold of me muhahahahahahhaha

13. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

On any givin sunday you can find alot of big trucks out here in sea world mud hole. some k5's alot of built rigs. military axle stuff come out. big mud pit and some decent trails. bring your quads or dirt bikes good place to ride as well. off International drive across from premium factory outlet mall look for the trails going through the woods cant miss'em.

14. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Cool another orlando ColoradoK5'er

15. Pure Insanity

Theres actually quite a few Otown guys. Overkill is another. I have just about every Fla K5er here in my address book. Trust me there are BUNCHES.

16. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

Haven't figured out how to post links yet, but go to stroids.com for some pretty cool pics and videa of central Fl stuff. I beleive he has some ocala, seaworld and a lot of other places in there. Sean

17. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

might want to double check that site. Are you a body builder? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . Oh yeah when posting links just click on URL to creat a link while your typing a post.

18. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

19. Pure Insanity

20. Pure Insanity

Well to bring this post back on topic, (and back from the dead) I am now the Sunshine Swamper Club Vice President. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

We are doing more trails and are working to accomodate all aspects of wheelers from trails to rocks to mud.

Anyone interested in looking into joining, (were not just Jeeps like every other Fla club) can contact us at SunshineSwampers@Yahoo.com or check the link in my sig to get to Florida4X4.com and you can check out the SSC forum.