Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super charging

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by whiskey bent, Jun 19, 2004.

1. whiskey bent

whiskey bent Registered Member

MagnaCharger is now making a complete Roots-type super charger for 99-up GM trucks/suvs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dunno about ya'll but I've been looking for something like this for a while for my 99' Silverado 4x4. I've seen a ton of centrifigal(sp?) type chargers around, but this is first roots type I've seen in a kit.

Got to get one!
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Eventually I plan to put a blower on my 97 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Won't be my daily driver when I do that just my tow/toy rig. Definetally the cool upgrade for the newer Chevys.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whipple has been making roots type blowers for the big three for years.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

that would rock so has holley well for my year models at least

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Whipple has been making roots type blowers for the big three for years

[/ QUOTE ]
    Whipple uses the screw style compressor, Eaton compressors are on the Pontiacs, Lightnings,.......

Magnacharger has been making these kits as has kenne bell and whipple since almost the new body style trucks came out in '99. The picture posted however is their new kit (Magnachargers) the radix it mounts the compressor on top of an intercooler (like the Lightning) on top of the motor. They were haning the compressor off to the side and using the factory manifold.
    If your going to use forced induction on these new trucks, that kit is the way to go. Having installed and driven both I can tell you this is the best one, using a "roots style" compressor that is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif