Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super hesitation?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Dec 5, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

I start my truck each morning when its cold and let it run for 15-20 mins...

well today for some reason, i get to the end of my neighborhood road, which i need to negotiate a steep but short incline to get on the main road, well i pull up and have to stop to let a car pass...

my trucks sounds like its about to die, so i hit the gas and it doesnt move...it starts rolling backwards, i think the choke is stuck so i put it in N and rev it a couple times, put it back in D and same thing, starts to die...so i have to roll backwards a few feet, sit there and rev the engine over and over for a while, then i go to leave and its still doing it, so i have to give it gas and just hold the brake, luckily i didnt have to stop so i got out all in one motion. Seems fine after i drove it to school.

This is making me hate carburators more and more each day.

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Hummm.....you did check the choks to make sure its openen fully? You could have a sticky float that may be causing it to flood. Carbs are lots of fun! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

one of my quadrajunks juss went out...and it would not run fine in N put once u started lettin out on the clutch...you would have to floor it and around 4500 RPM it started gettin power...so i replaced the carb and now its all better. and instead of a new quadrajunk, i used an edelbrock 1406

NITRO

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    one of my quadrajunks juss went out...and it would not run fine in N put once u started lettin out on the clutch...you would have to floor it and around 4500 RPM it started gettin power...so i replaced the carb and now its all better. and instead of a new quadrajunk, i used an edelbrock 1406

NITRO

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be the post boy for the exact swap you describe until I went fourwheeling with an Edelbrock carb.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

NITRO

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be the post boy for the exact swap you describe until I went fourwheeling with an Edelbrock carb.

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im thinking about going FI

seriously thinking about it

7. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I had to bust ice off my choke the other night, to get my truck to run.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You check for any vacuum leaks? Could have been a loose hose and the driving and bouncing around may have shook it back into place /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif