Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super low range np203

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Sep 3, 2002.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

hey guys,

my 203 just crapped out, Seems like I heard about a 3.6 to 1 ratio low range 203. Has anybody bought one of these and where do you get them at. If I don;t get one of those is anybody running dual transfer cases, 203 and 205. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    There is a lot of guys on here running double t-cases. Offroad design sells a kit for putting together your own doubler. ORD

3. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

cool, I am guessing the t case is toast. Every time in 4 lo with hubs locked and a heavy load transfer case starts popping and the rears will spin and the fronts only spin a little bit. Sounds like chain is slipping? Does this sound right?

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I'm not sure, I don't really know anything about 203s... sorry /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

It definitely sounds like you have chain problems. The 203 low gear sets are available from www.wagonermachine.com . As for the dual transfer case set up do a search for "doubler" you'll find a ton of info, a lot of guys here run them.

6. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

thanks, one more thing, it seems like I remember seeing an add for a np203 that was a single unit that was 3.6 to 1 low range. Anybody know where to get one?

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

wagoneer machine does the low gearing in the 203. but the cost of them to do it you might as well buy a cheap 203, or see if your gear box is good on YOUR 203 and get the parts for a Doubler from off road design.(www.offroaddesign.com)
    a lot of folks have the doubler. i plan on running a divorced doubler so i can equal out my drive shaft lengths.
    grant