Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Shackle Questions

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 70jimmy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I have 6 inch front tuff country ez rides from ORD and 4 inch shackle flip with 3 inch lift springs from ORD. With my tire carrier, rear bumper, obnoxious cage etc. I got some butt sagg.

Do the super shackles go on the shackle flip or the front spring hangers for the rear springs? In the pics it looks like on the rear shackle.

How much lift will this give me? Any drawbacks?

In case you need more info it has 14 bolt FF, 4 wheel disc brakes, New drivelines. Pinon rotated to point at rear output of transfer case. 37" Krawlers with gratuitous trimming of fenders.

Thanks.

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

The shackles attach to the flip brackets. If you go with a 6" shackle you will get about an inch or so. There are no real big drawbacks.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Cool thanks. After going to the site I was able to figure it out. Now just to wait for my paycheck and get em ordered. Goodbye butt sag and if this isn't enough guess I will do a zero rate. Needed new shackles anyway.