Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper Iroks causing vibrations

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PROFESSORSK5, Sep 16, 2004.

1. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I got a brand new set if 36x13.50x16.5 Iroks last week. When I get my K5 up to about 55 Mph it starts to vibrate and bounce and continues until about 70 Mph. Has anybody had this problem and how did you fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

did u get them balanced? or sometimes if they sit for a while they will get flat spots but even out after some driving
    Did u have big tires before? If not the bigger tires tend to make samller front end problems show up

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

theyre out of round, maybe just slightly but a lot of swampers are. one thing a ton of guys do is put about 10oz of BBs in each tire they help balance it at higher speed.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Welcome to the club. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Be proud. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

my 39 IROKS don't vibrate one bit, unless i hit a little pot hole or bump at low speeds then i get the death wobble. I haven't gone more than 70mph or so in them cuz it get's scary after that but you should have them re balanced, i haven't had any flat spots with them either and i've let it sit for a week, and yea there the ploy's not the radials.

6. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I had them re balanced and that didn't help. In fact when they balanced them the drivers side rear was wobbling on the balance machine and we looked at the rim and it was true. Also the problem is in the rear of the truck not the front. The front two tires are not a problem in fact it handles real good. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You could try replacing or adding a steering stabilzer on the front. I'm assuming you also have the stock front axle??