Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper LTB

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Nov 28, 2001.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

anybody ever use these they are going for 119 a piece a natl tire and wheel in 33x13.50x15 just wondering if they are any good or any specifics anyone has on them

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

LTB? Have yet to see these. What do they look like?

What issue is your mag?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RedDwarf on 11/28/01 08:55 PM.</FONT></P>

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://intercotire.com/html/ltb.htm>http://intercotire.com/html/ltb.htm</a>

Looks like yet another variant of the TSL. A little narrower in the pic.

-matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350, 33's</font color=blue><font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Road</font color=red>
    www.chevyhedk5.tripod.com

4. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://INTERCOtire.com>INTERCOtire.com</a>

hey i made my first clicky[​IMG]

<font color=red>Sean<font color=red>

[​IMG]<font color=red>79 k20(duh) d44, 14bolt, built 350,350,np203,9"lift</font color=red>[​IMG]

5. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

guess they are new or something may give them a try the price they have is pretty cheap

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Heard of them. Ordered them. Have them.[​IMG][​IMG]!! Well I dont, but I got a set for my cousins Expedition. 33x13.50x16. I can shoot a pic and e-mail it to you if you want. They are pretty bad ass lookin' tires. Real aggressive. Basically an improved version of the TSL according to Interco. They look like them alot, but the lugs are a "little" different. They are loud (sing down the highway and around town) and have the "flat spot syndrome". Only had them on for about a week. GOOD LUCK ON GETTING THEM NO ONE knows what the hell they were as of 3 weeks ago. Not national tire, not 4wpw, no one. Everytime I called to ask about them, I had to tell them what they were supposed to have according to Interco. I went throught the Offroad Barn or ORB and let me tell you, Jeff is THE MAN. He is the one who got me the LTB's. BEFORE anyone even knew they were supposed to have them. Anyways, if you have any questions or want some pics let me know.

7. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I heard they were made in India or something crazy like that. Not an improvement, but just another market for Interco to get into. A foregign market where huge tires are not wanted. So, these are an alternative. I dont think large sizes will be available.

Dont know if this is true or not though.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Dont know about the whole India thing, but your are right on them not making the bigger sizes. The biggest is the 34x10.5, thats it no plans for bigger sizes in the future accorinding to the guy at Interco.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 90blzr on 11/29/01 05:49 AM.</FONT></P>

9. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

cool im gonna have to order them just hope they fit got 33x12.50x15 now not sure what size rim (width) but they have about as much tread left as drag tires will 13.50's fit on an 8 inch rim if thats what my rims are?

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'm sure they will fit fine, just sucked in a little. I can get a pic of them on a 10" wheel and you can see how they look, then you can judge how they would look on an 8" wheel. Let me know if you want a pic.

11. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

that would be awesome i think i might have 10 inch rims cus the sidewall on my 12.50 doesnt suck in much now that i think about it so hopefully they will look ok or itll have to get a new set of rims and a pic would be fantastic if you could Thanks :)

12. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

We all like pictures. [​IMG] Post one in your members ride area for all to see.

See Ya,
    Keith

<font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

13. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'll try to get one tonight if it stops raining. Actually I think I have one, but I'll take another better pic with them on the truck. Check your e-mail in about 5 minutes.

14. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

cant check it from work they have hotmail locked out and i have all my email account pumped through hotmail but will check it when i get home

15. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Okay, I thought that might be them. I remember seeing those in FourWheeler in the tire tests a while ago. They were originally supposed to be made in India, but that didn't work out. I talked to a rep last year I guess and he told me this, and I think he said they were looking into having them made in Mexico.

16. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

as long as they hold up and dont shred while driving them on pavement then ill be happy dont care where there made although id prefer to support US workers but im not gonna pass up a good deal over it

17. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Oh, I wasnt saying to pass up or anything. I just heard that was why they were cheaper, and thats why they were not going to made in larger sizes.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!