Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super swamper LTB?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prerunner1982, Dec 27, 2002.

1. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i am in the market for some new tires, i currently have 31x11.50x15 goodyear wrangler AT's. they are good tires, i like the look, i have priced many AT and MTs.. for many brands. most of the ones close to the size i am looking for are in the $125-150 range.. then i find these... super swamper LTBs, and they come in 31x11.50x15... for $94.95! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif even if they wear alittle quicker than the ATs, i could get 3 sets at $94.95 each for the same price as i could get 2 sets of ATs.. so whats the scoop on these tires? anyone have them or tried them??

2. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I've seen them around, and they look really cool. Side lugs realy stick out like the thornbirds. They do seem to be somewhat noisey (swampers in general). My friend is ordering a set of the same tire/size you mentioned next week. I would get a set. They're cheap and cant be bad. Later -fLeXy

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

You might want to do a search on this, the subject came up before and I seem to remember that there are some quirks about them. Hard to balance, poor ride even for a Swamper, etc. etc. Have not heard too many good things about them.

John

4. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

we put some 33s on a friends dodge and they look awesome (really helped out the dodge!!) they are not that noisy inside but his is is a 99 truck so it is well insulated. they are not radials so they have the flat spots for a little while but after that they ride fine. they balannced well and there is no promblems yet on them

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

no personnal experience yet but from what i heard from a few sourses they suck.bad to ballence and ride like crap.i heard someone only got 12,000 miles out of them.but like i said this is what i heard on this site a while back.

6. crossjim

crossjim Registered Member

A friend of mine has a set of 33x13.50 and true they are noisy and difficult to balance and I'm guessing probably won't last long, but if you want an extremely rugged tire that'll claw they're way through about anything I don't think you'll be disappointed.

7. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i would get some if i were you ive seen them around town on a zuki the dude said he loved em. By the way i dont understand these people who complain about tire noise and the fact that you cant balance them too well dudes we drive big 4x4s with lockers and loud ass exhausts flows,cherry bombs, systems, ect were suppost to be loud period. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Good point hispánico! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i will probably get me a set and make my own opinions about them... as i have found them at www.fourwheelparts.com, 31x11.50 for $89.95...just as soon as i recoup fron christmas and upcoming birthdays i will invest in some.. thanks for the opinions guy..

jon