Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ED70K5, Dec 7, 2001.

1. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I have a chance to buy a set of 33x12.50 15 Super Swamper TSL Radials. These tires are brand new and still have the little nubbies on them. The question is that the sidewall pattern on these tires are differant from a set of 36X12.50 that I saw. Just wondering if these are a new version of the tire or some old discontinued tire. FYI they are not the SSR version, cause they are clearly marked TSL Radial and not SSR. Thanks for info anybody can give me!!!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The SSRs are not marked on the sidewall, they still say TSL, atleast the last two sets I saw did. If it has sipes in the tread then they are SSRs.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

yep, thats what mine says, and their for sale too.

live to wheel, wheel to live--1972 gmc jimmy 8 inch lift, 37" ssr's

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

The TSL Radial has a different sidewall look than the regular TSL. I went with the 36" TSL for this reason.
    JT

5. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I'm aware of the differances of the regular TSL and the radial version, but this one has a differant sidewall than the TSL Radial and is also labeled "radial". It kinda looks like the TSL SX sidewall, but its not cause the SX doesn't come in the 33x12.50 size. I know it is not a SSR, cause the tread is note siped. Guess I will call Interco Tire in the morning and see if they can shed some light on this mystery tire. I was only gonna use these tires on a temporary basis until I finish my build up. Then I plan to go to the 36x12.50 Radial like yours. BTW do you have any more pics of your rig?? I just received a set of those ARE Black steel wheels too!! They look way sweet!!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

just a thought. whenever you do go up to the 36's you might just wanna ride over to the interco factory here in louisiana and pick em up. its a little cheaper then. not if its terribly far though. they also make ground hogs there too.
    69K5