Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper Radial TrXus/MT

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by burban89, Jan 25, 2007.

1. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Anyone run these? Are they any good for an over all tire? I can get a good deal on a new set, just wonder if it would be worth it.

[​IMG]

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

try the search button

3. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

i run em, and theyre for sale:deal: ... they are pretty good imo.. good road manners and only thing i have ran them in is mud and they performed well.. in wet/snowy conditions the tires never break loose unless i want them too:wink1:

4. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

shweet tires n i had em too!!there great!!

5. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer but I found a great deal on new ones I dotn think I can pass up. :D

6. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

i know just advertising:haha: what size are they?

7. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Im going with 33x12.50x15s. Im afraid of running anything bigger on 1/2 ton axles.

8. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Ive gotten about 30K on mine and they're pretty worn.
    Overall I think they are a great on and off road tire and pretty quiet.
    Work very well on wet rainy roads cuz their tread is siped. Make sure with your deal, you check and make sure the tires are true and round. I got mine about 3 years ago and I have two that are not round. The bounce has gotten worse. May have been blems or early prod tires. If you run loose rocks, dont be alarmed if the tires get chewed up. With the soft compound, I rip or slice lugs on each run BUT....I also run them down at 13-15psi off road and they been good.

Im actually thinking about going to the 35's on my next buy with the 1/2 ton. Think thats the limit if your not too hard on the drivetrain.

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a set on my '03 2500HD DD/towrig. I think they are very noisy and very hard to balance (maybe a quality control issue with some being out of round???). Mine have always had a little shake to them, and I've had problems with the front ones cupping bad (previous tires did not do this, and alignment is within spec). You have to rotate them about every 2,000 miles to keep the front ones from getting luppy and wearing much quicker........ran about 7-8k without rotating them and the two that were on the front originally only lasted maybe 20k even after starting to rotate them regularly. The other two that were originally on the back and therefore had a better rotation pattern are about gone at 30k.

Road traction is decent, but they have more tread roll than other tires I have had. Wet and snowy road traction is much better than most other mud radials. I've had them in some mud (fields, grass parking lots, etc...) but no real off-road, but they seem to do okay.

I'm comparing these to BFG Muds, Goodyear MT/Rs, TSL's, and a few other off-brand tires that I have run before, so not like I've never ran on mud tires before.

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

friend has the 33x12.50's on his zr2 s10 and they are pretty sweet! get them! they are a great tire

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

You have described exactly how mine have wore. The rotation is very important.

So out of the Trxus, TSL's, MT/R or BFG MT, whats Your choice?

12. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The BFG MT was by far the best tire for driving on the road. The MT/Rs were just a little below that as they didn't drive quite as good on the road, were slightly noisier, and wore slightly quicker. My bias TSLs are not horrible on the road, but I would never put them on a DD.