Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper SSR Update

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brian 89KBlazer, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I don't have an update; I'm looking for one!! [​IMG]
    It's been a while since they came out now and they are supposed to available soon in 37x12.5R16. Anyone have them or know someone running them? Two questions: How well are they wearing (25,000 miles, 30,000 miles,.. ??) and does the siping help any in rain and icey roads as compared to the older radials which I hear are scarey on slippery roads?

Thanks
    Brian
    89KBlazer

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It's still gonna be a min. Last time I talked to Interco, they were looking at about 6 weeks before the first were ready, this was about 3 weeks ago. This is on the 37x12.50x16. I don't think any have been released yet, but the good news is, these are gonna have an 8 ply sidewall for a little more protection.

Kyle
    89K5

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Do ya'll know when the 38" Thornbirds are scheduled to be released? And will they be 14.5" like the 35"?

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

If they release 38 inch Thornbirds they should make them wider than 14.5 inches. I hope they are at least 16 inches wide. I would buy a set for sure if they were that wide. I have a set of TSL 38.5 by 16 inch wide tires and they are the best!

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Sorry; that last post was vague. What I meant was how do the SSR's wear and grip on wet/ice? I know it'll be awhile for the new sizes. The questions were supposed to be on the characteristics of the Super Swamper SSR in all sizes.

Sorry
    Brian
    89KBlazer

6. Brian 89KBlazer

So no one knows anything at all about the Super Swamper SSR??? (and back to the top!)

Brian
    89KBlazer

7. The only thing I know is a friend has them on his jeep.He loves them and said he would never go back to anything else.
    His seem to be wearing well.He said their pretty good in the rain.Sorry I can't help you any more than that.
    Good luck

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

8. four50four

four50four Registered Member

Personnally, i havn't heard a whole lot of good things about them. There supposed to have great traction, but wear fast on pavement (faster than TSL radials) and have relatively weak sidewalls for hard-core wheeling. Example, stronger than a BFG but weaker than any bias, TSL radial, or even goodyear MTR. Simply because of the siping, ice and snow traction should be improved. However, IF your not into puncture friendly wheeling, or drive on the street all the time, they might just be the ideal tire.

Keith