Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper SSRs vs. Boggers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Dec 18, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

These are the two tires I am considering for my daily driven K5. Im looking at 37 inchers. Out of these two, which will wear faster, or will they wear about the same? Thanks

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Boggers will wear FAR faster than the SSR's. You can, with proper maintenance, expect around 30,000 out of the SSR's. No matter what you do with the Boggers, you can count on half that. Additionally, the boggers are awful on the street. Loud, catch grooves in the pavement and wander, and they are rough. SSR's are comparable to a BFG Mud-Terrain; not too loud, all the benefits of a radial-no flat spotting or wandering, and they ride very nicely. If you wanted something more aggressive than the SSR, but not as bad on the street as the Bogger, consider the SX. No 37's, but a good tire nonetheless.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Boggers also look like limp penis'...... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

go with the ssr's ive had mine for 1 year and 8 months now and im down to 50% tread so im thinking around 3 years total not too bad for a swamper and i drive an average of 80 miles a day easy, they are real good in a kinds of terrain and even better when aired down i will probably get them again /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Looks like I'll be going with SSR's. I drive around 80 miles a day too, sometimes more. Street manners aren't really a concern, but wear is. Thanks for the replies. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif