Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper SSR's ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SierraJim, Dec 1, 2006.

1. SierraJim

SierraJim Registered Member

anyone here have experience with them? I like the 35x10.5 option. How well do they wear under a full size truck?

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I had them at one point. I did like them. They were good offroad and was good on the road very little tire noise.

3. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 33x14.5x16.5's under my '79 3/4t. I've had them since last Dec. and I love 'em. Mine are 10 ply so they're a little stiff. I run mine unbalanced and they ride fine. I rotate mine every oil change so they wear evenly but definately a softer tread compound than a BFG, MTR

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got 35x14.5s on mine. Was lookin like I was gonna get 30k out of em, then I hadta pull a truck that blew its tranny up, up a long rocky slope. Well, ended up burning the hell out of em, and they are about gone at 25k.

Did good onroad, good offroad, handled well, cant really comment on the noise, as my truck is a little loud lol.

5. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I have a set on my blazer and they are wearing very well. I have had them on my truck since Aug 04 and it was driven everyda for a 1 1/2 years, then i decided to start my project with the blazer and it maybe sees the highway two to three times a week.

6. SierraJim

They seem to have a good rep. I like the various oddball sizes, and the decent price. They seem to weigh quite a bit, but shouldn't be a problem on a fullsize?

7. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I never had a problem with them being on a K5. Nice to see another person from Colorado you will have to hook up with the Colorado crew and do some wheeling this summer.

8. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine ran them on his 1 ton. Lasted for over 60K miles and did great off road.

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I got over 43,000 miles on them,and then sold them to a buddy. He got another 8,000 out of them. Good tire..for a DD IMHO.

10. SierraJim

Looking forward to some wheeling this summer, Heck I am looking forward to any kind of wheelin right now. Where do you guys usually go? I just totaled my cherokee in Moab, and now I'm looking at a K-5 or 2 door yukon. Not sure yet. I do have half of a cherokee in my storage shed right now:D

11. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Which tire would be better for ice/snow, the SSR or Trxus?