Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper SSR's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CruisinK5, Jul 18, 2000.

1. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Super Swamper SSR\'s

What is yall's opinions on the Super Swamper SSR's? I am thinking about putting them on my blazer. I want a tire that has low road noise but still has aggressive tread. I also want them to last a while too. Any help would be appreciated.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Re: Super Swamper SSR\'s

Well with almost 6000lbs. and some wheeling, I think you should be more consered abour sidewall strenght.
    But if your a street Blazer, then the SSR's should work for you well 90% of the time.

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I have the SSR's. I have 35x14.5x16.5. We don't have to many rocks down here in Houston so I can't tell you how they do on rocks. I mainly use them for mud and sand. They work great in the mud, they'll still through baseball size mud clod's out the rear 100 ft and they do well in sand also. We mainly go to a river around here with alot of mud and sand and hills. I think they are great and they don't have much road noise. I think they are as quiet as an equally sized BFG mud terrain. Let me know if you have any more questions! Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

4. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

There are not many places to go rockcrawling around here either so I am mainly concerned about mud and sand. I am going to get the same size you have. A 6 inch lift should be enough to clear them on a '80 K5, right?

5. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Just put them on my Blazer. Best Dam tire. Went wheeling the last 2 weekends and they performed great. Then had to run 17 miles down the freeway home. I would deffinetly say get them.

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>OK here's a question: how do they wear? I'm debating between these and Baja Claws. Has anyone had the SSRs for a while?</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

7. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

well i have had mine for about 6 months now and i love them they are good in sand water mud and rocks i just wish they were louder i like noise. But they wear good so far and work great also when you air down best tire for the money i think just my 2 cents.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

8. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Well, I'll tell you the rest of what i have and then you can make a decision. I have ORD's shackle flip in the rear and Superlift 2.5 springs for a total of 6.5"'s of lift in the rear. In the front i have ORD's .5" longer shackles and 6 inch superlift springs for 6.5" up front. I don't have a sway bar and when i go off camber and when the wheel is turned they hit the fenders. Actually the almost tore the fenders off and gouged the left tire pretty good!!!!!! So now i am going to cut the fenders and maybe put some flares on. Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

9. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks for yall's help I will let you know when I get them and how like them.