Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super swamper STS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevBlazin, Mar 10, 2003.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I'm just wondering if anyone has these or knows much about them. I'm looking for new tires and like my mud terrains, but want to change to a more versatile tire for on road as well. I'm thinking of getting the 35x12.5 size. just looking for input on them as well as pictures of them on a K5 if anyone has them. thanks

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah I wondering the same thing, I was wanting to get a set for aeond town. In four wheeler, shey said it seemed like they'd last a long while.

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

anyone? Know of any links where there were tests done on them?

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Send a PM or email to Mudzer (Neil Pickett). Neil had one of the very first sets of the STS. He should be able to fill you in.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have the 38"x15.5"/15" tires in the Radial design.

I tested the TrXus STS at Disney Oklahoma and they faired pretty well. First of all, I installed these on steel rims without any balance weight and they are relatively shake free. I have since beadlocked some steel rims with similar results - no major vibrations (for a tire this size).

On the rocks at Disney, they worked well. They are pretty spongy at 5 psi and have a very good sized contact patch when aired down below 10 psi. I drove the trip there and back on these tires and they still look new. Disney rocks are notorious for chewing up tires. Mine looked much better than other "non-rockafied" tires.

We also hit the trails in Disney, which are primarily muddy straight up hill climbs with some rock ledges thrown in for fun. One noteable thing I noticed when I was in a 3 foot deep rut filled with water - I could stop in the rut, turn the wheels to full bumpstop and crawl out of the trench with very little push. In the gumbo mud, the tread fills quickly but can be spun and cleaned out better than an MTR (mud trap radial). They are by no means a Bogger, but they did much better on the trails than I thought they would.

Thats about all I have since my K5's been under construction for the past year!

Here are some crappy pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]