Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swamper Trxus M/T Radial?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anybody run these tires? I'll need new tires by next year (at least the way I drive :D) I heard they were the quietest mud terrain and give great off road traction and snow traction. I hate noisy tires, that is why I run BFG All Terrain Radials.
    Size: 35/12.5 R15

[​IMG]

2. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

mine are alright they are 31/10.5/15 and well i get stuck alot because they are 31/10.5s and well thay dont make 2 much noise, my engine is louder!!LOL once i get my lift ima problably go with the ssr's

3. Chevy305

Based on the searches, its a pretty good tire. But where can I get it the cheapest? 4WP has is for $195 right now

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have those and they are a great tire. OFFROAD magazine has a write up on those tires mounted on Trail Ready beadlocked Micky Thompson Classic II's and they rave about it, article says, quote: "while the perfect tire and wheel combo for all situations does not exist, this combo comes close". also says sand and rock performance is quote: "stunning". its the current issue. works great in snow also.

I just bought a full size spare tire and wheel. I bought a 33 12.50 16, and one of the D window fake bead lock wheels, 16 X 8 with a chevy 6 lug pattern, paid $313.88 out the door including mount & ballance, fet tire fee, and tax. not real happy with the wheel so I might just unmount the wheel and get something else though.

5. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I had a set of 285/75/16s on my old truck. I got 66K out of them and then bought another set. I got 40K out of the second set and sold the truck with half the tread left. I did have a lot of highway miles though. Anyways, I loved the tire. I did a little mudding with it and it worked fine for me. Nothing hardcore though. As for being loud, I couldn't hear them over my exhaust. I'd definitely buy another set.

6. Chevy305

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Wow...I have a set of 33 on mine. Two of the tires are out of round and require near a pound of weight to balance them. Getting real tired of the annoying bounce. Mine are nearly worn out with around 25K miles on them.

I think they are a great off road tire and they are very quiet on the highway. Was thinking about a new set of 35's but not pleased with the out of round issue and fast wear. Thinking about SSR's or ?? next time.

Maybe I got a bad set a couple years ago :dunno:

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a couple of freinds with them and they like them alot. good on road and good off road. One guy replaced his MTRs with them and said they were better everywhere than his MTRs

9. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

In the 8 tires that I owned, none were out of round. I don't think any took even an ounce of weight.

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I ran a set of 35 12.5 r 15's for quite a while. They are pretty quiet and I was impressed with them off road. They never really liked alot of sand but once they got in the mud they were pretty good. Didn't really clean as fast as I liked them too but they got the job done.

11. 88Silverado

I know Interco had a problem with out of round tires awhile back. Wasnt just the TrXus but others too. I got mine shortly after they started advertising them. Maybe I got an old set or a set of blems from the discount tire store I went to.

I will say I think they are a very good off road tire and have very good street handling characteristics and pretty darn quiet on the road. I run them down around 12-15psi off road and they will pancake but I havent popped a bead or sidewall yet, although I did sliced off and chewed up a bunch of the side lugs on one tire sunday running a rock garden. I may try another set now that they have been out for a couple years and more people are buying them :thinking:

Only had them in sand twice. First time I buried the truck, second time darn near buried it so cant say great for sand but seem to work well in mud and rocks. Sounds like I got 2 bad tires.

12. chevy wrangler

yeah i chewed the side lugs off one of my tires(the front drivers side)when i got stuck on a sharp rock, got out and the side was all torn up!!!its still on my truck and hasent gone bad yet!!

13. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I've been running them for quite a while now. They are great, GREAT wearing tires, quiet, great in the snow, ice, and mud. Mine balanced easily too.

14. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

I've got a set of 35X12.50 and they are great on the street and I am pretty happy with their offroad performance. I had a problem balancing them though. The first one I did balanced fairly well but the other three required a lot of weight. Although the balancer I used may be to blame.

15. 88Silverado

Not to say more negative things about the tire but heres some pics of the damage two tires sustained last weekend when running the Miller Jeep Trail.
    See http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181935
    The rubber is very soft. The big slice in the tread is deep. I can see core at the bottom.

P1180009.JPG

P1180010.JPG

P1180012.JPG

P1180013.JPG

16. Chevy305

Damn! If its real soft rubber will I leave 1/2 the tread behind the first time I drop the clutch?

The wheeling that I do has very little to do with rocks. Mostly mud, light sand, and snow. I think the tires will be submerged more than they will be contacting rocks. :eek1:

View attachment 28940

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  17. chevy wrangler

i do burn-outs all the time!! my tires arent 2 bad only on sharp rocks

18. 88Silverado

Give them a try...like I said I like their off-road performance for the most part and they are quiet on the highway. Price is good too :D

19. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have 31 10.5 x 15 on my cherokee. loudest tire I've had (bfg muds and cooper stt's in compair)

I love mine in the sand, no mud yet.

i'm getting the all terrian model of them for the burb the sts's

20. chevy wrangler

imo my31-10.5's are a little too skinny for mud, but im thinking of getting them in 35-12.5, more foot print i should say!!LOL i get stuck in the mud alot, but my dad says its not the truck but the person driving it!! the only time i had 2 be pulled out was when i had no front drive shaft, and then evey time i get stick i jst dig a hole and drive out(got the driveshaft now)LOL