Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super swamper TSL & SX, difference?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DukeBoy88, Dec 1, 2002.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 tires. 38x12.50x15 is $35 more on the SX. is this a more durable tire? the tread looks very simular. I don't have them side by side to compare.
    Also has anyone siped there own tires? did it improve wet road traction at all? thanks in advance.

2. 502 4x4

502 4x4 1/2 ton status

Pictures are worth a thousand words. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Click on links below for Interco Information.
    TSL
    TSL_SX
    Properly siped TSL's are supposed to be more civilized on wet pavement.(So I've read) I have no personal experience grooving tires, nor have I driven on wet pavement with a siped TSL. Sorry!
    I'm sure someone out in these forums can offer personal experience. Lotta sharp folks out here!

3. cpwreaper

cpwreaper Registered Member

straght tsls have a weaker side wall and tsl sxes are more reinforced. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="black"> </font color>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I ran across this the other day. Has some good ideas about siping if you want to do it yourself and the tire he chose was a Swamper TSL/SX...

5. cpwreaper

cpwreaper Registered Member

hi again. you asked about wet road traction they both stink /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif <font color="green"> </font color>

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Straight TSLs are offered in a 6 Ply and a 10 Ply Rating and I personally think the 10 Plys are a heck of a lot stronger on the side wall than the SXs! I'm going with the Regular TSLs, 10 Ply, they're thicker, wider, and they wrap around rocks(personally) on the trail! MY .02 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif