Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super swamper tsl's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78k5, Dec 12, 2000.

1. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

super swamper tsl\'s

I have a set of 35x15x15 tsl's on 15x10 rims. My question is what should the air pressure be? I have them at twenty five lbs. right now and they look like they are wearing on the middle of the tread, my past expierience is that the center tread would wear if they have too much pressure but at 25 psi, I find that pretty low. please help I don't want to ruin a good set of tires.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: super swamper tsl\'s

That is the same pressure I have been running, well 20-25....

Actually I have the same time and wheel size combo.

Mine seem to be wearing ok.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

On my 42x15x16.5s, I run 26-28 on the fronts (on 12" rims)and 24-26 (on 9.75") on the rears...course the rears are duals, so they don't need as much PSI. On my Sub with 39.5x15x16.5s (on 12" rims), I run 28 PSI all the way around, since it weighs 6600 pounds. All 10 tires seem to be wearing evenly.

ken

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.

I have 36x12.50x15 TSL's on 8" wide wheels, and I like to overinflate just a little.
    I run 32-35 psi in the front, and 28-30 in the rear.
    On the fronts the outer edge of the knobbies is not touching the road, this helps save them for off-road performance
    Good luck

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A good way to get a rough estimate is too draw a chalk line across the tread and then drive a short distance. In your case, I would imagine that only the center of the chalk line would be rubbed off.....and meaning that the tire was over-inflated.
    Also concerning tire pressure, it's not actually the pressure in the tire that supports the weight of the vehicle, it's the volume of air.......that is why larger tires require less air pressure than smaller tires. For example, the little dinky temporary spares often call for 50 psi, while the max pressure on my 35x12.50's is only 35 psi.