Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Super Swampers SSR Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Nov 4, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

What's is all your opinions on the Super Swamper SSR Radial (35x12.50x16.5) tire. Shawn give me some very good infor. on the Thronbird that I didn't know, so I want everyone's opinions on the SSR tires. I live in the snow country so (like Shawn informed me siping the tire would be better) for me and I agree with him. What's ya all opinion's Thank's for any help.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have 33/12.50/15 Swamper SSR's they grab great in mud and wear good on pavement. The tires are about a year old and I have 50% tread left. Any more ???? let me know!

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

So how many miles have you put on them in that year? Do you rotate them frequently? How are they on wet pavement and just on the road in general? I have a friend who is looking for some tires in 33x14.5x15, and the SSR's are his only real choice other than Mickey T's[​IMG][​IMG]. He's in England so I am doing the shopping for him.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to decide between the SSR's and the new BFG MT's for my next tires. I know a lot of people running SSR's and they love em. They're already siped, but a little more wouldn't hurt. They're awsome in the snow and on wet pavement. If the new MT's are as great as they're supposed to be, it's going to be a tough decision.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

So these tires are pretty good? I'd heard they weren't so hot. How's the noise? Like AJMBLAZER asked, how many miles, rotations, etc.?

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!