Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super swampers ssr?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Mar 12, 2005.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

who has them need too know how do you like them and why?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

like them... good on streets, 10 ply, worked well the few times they were offroad in mud, sand, rocks, and dirt..... getting iroks next because i like the look better and i hear they perform awesome (no first hand experiance)

3. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I Had A Set Of 32 11.50 I Liked Them Good On Road In The Rain And Good Wear Went On A Few 1000+ Mile Trips Showed Very Little Wear But Ir Was On A Light Truck 99 S-10 Extended Cab Had The Tires A Little Over A Year About 15,000 Miles Tires Still Looked New Probably 75% Tread Still Good

4. suthrnchvyguy89

suthrnchvyguy89 Registered Member

i just got them around christmas and i love them, i would definetly recomend them to any dd that goes offroad about 3 or 4 times a month. they are good on the road including rain as long as its not too bad and you know how to take it easy. they are also pretty good in the mud, id say they are a little better than the bfg m/t and a little bit less good than the regular tsl's. never tried them on the rocks though considering we dont have any down here lol. i heard they get good mileage too but i cant really give you any info about that since i havent had them too long.

edit: mine are 33x12.50r15 in case you wanted to know

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I have 35x14.5x16.5's. I like em, relatively quiet (hey im runnin side exit flowmaster 50's, cant hear much), good traction in mud, trails, etc. I have about 12k on mine and they are about 65% tread, maybe a little more. For a DD cant really go wrong, only complaint I have is they have flatspotted on me twice in emergency stops (damn hondas who wanna stop at a redlight 20ft away from 60mph), and until I swap em on the back and do a burnout, they never round back out.

Rain, have had a few scary incidents, the spin at 45, and slide down the side of the road, 35mph, backwards........was interesting to say the least, but brake adjustment was partly to blame in that.

Price is a little high, but they are E rating(atleast my size is), so I can load 'er down. Next time around I am considering GroundHawg Radials, just for utter mileage, groove & sipe em, I dont care about noise, like I said my exhaust drowns it out, and I dont need super soft rock type compound around here.

Really long post, but if its a DD, and you care in the least about noise, go for em.

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

38x15.5x16 - Very good for an all around tire. Good wear, reasonably quiet, handle very good in rain and snow.