Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super swampers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jacked_86chevyk10, Feb 4, 2004.

1. jacked_86chevyk10

jacked_86chevyk10 Registered Member

about how many miles have yall got out of anything around 36-38" tsl- radials, their tires are so expensive u have to ride the line of performance and cost /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Well i have 38 TSL/SX's and have about 10,000 miles on them and they look fine!
    Bill

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

around 30 to 40,000 miles from the radials depending on driving conditions is what I have heard. I had SSR's and put 20,000 miles on them and still had 1/2 tread when I sold them.

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I drive the crap out of mine and they are OK
    the rear goes quick if ya light them up though, for milage go with the radial.

some say 20000-30,000 can be done, looks like I will hit 10,000 for the rear, front are great though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have a bran new spare so I plan on just buying one more and having 2 new and 2 at 75 percent /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

My buddy with a F350, has Radials, lockers, swings donuts, and get around 40 to 50k miles out of em, no lie! Just keep 'em rotated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: super swamper\'s

i have between 35,000 and 40,000 on my 38x13x16in tsl swamper's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. bigredblzr

bigredblzr 1/2 ton status

A little off topic here, but I say If you are going to go with 36s, go for the Goodyear Rangler r/t II. They are the military hummer tire. I got mine 4 for $100, they are pretty aggressive and sound alot better on the road than a TSL. There are only two downsides to running these: 1) they are somewhat hard to come by sinc ethey are not readily attainable from the local tire shop. 2) they are only made for a 16.5 in rim.

Just my $.02 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    sound alot better on the road than a TSL.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing sounds better than a TSL and especially a bogger going by. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing sounds better than a TSL and especially a bogger going by. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I know swampers are very poppular, but I'll take the Ground Hawg radials over swampers any day just for the simple fact that the GH's will out last the Swampers. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I know swampers are very poppular, but I'll take the Ground Hawg radials over swampers any day just for the simple fact that the GH's will out last the Swampers. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ] The GH is a good tire, you obviously would agree /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but the only thing I don't like about them is their limited selection of sizes, sidewalls bulge way out and, yes they wear like iron..but they also ride like they are iron too.
    Pretty good mud tire though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Although I can't say a lot running boggers but they are decently smooth on the road and the incredible forward traction is amazing at times, way better than a hawg.
    You are pretty lucky though with having a radial hawg also, just if interco would come out with a radial bogger and I would be set. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I have had my 38" tsl radials on mine for close to 20k and they are finally getting down there and needing to be replaced. For ride, nice driving compared to bias ply swampers, great ride, and that wonderful mud tire howl I would say go ahead and pay the price they are worth it.

I have owned Ground Hawgs and they do wear great and they wheel okay in the mud but honestly after owning both new I would go back to a Swamper every time because nothing muds like a new Swamper /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my 36X12.50 have about 8000mi on em under my suburban and they look good still.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The GH is a good tire, you obviously would agree /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but the only thing I don't like about them is their limited selection of sizes, sidewalls bulge way out and, yes they wear like iron..but they also ride like they are iron too.
    Pretty good mud tire though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Although I can't say a lot running boggers but they are decently smooth on the road and the incredible forward traction is amazing at times, way better than a hawg.
    You are pretty lucky though with having a radial hawg also, just if interco would come out with a radial bogger and I would be set. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I like swampers, but I do more on road driving then off roading and I for one can't afford 2 complete sets of tires, so I had too go with something that'd last awhile. I would love too have some Boggers, but I was told that they wouldn't last very long with as much on road driving I do.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like swampers, but I do more on road driving then off roading and I for one can't afford 2 complete sets of tires, so I had too go with something that'd last awhile. I would love too have some Boggers, but I was told that they wouldn't last very long with as much on road driving I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, you could have bought some 36" IROKS and a set of cheap 35" MTs or ATs for what you bought the Hawgs for

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like swampers, but I do more on road driving then off roading and I for one can't afford 2 complete sets of tires, so I had too go with something that'd last awhile. I would love too have some Boggers, but I was told that they wouldn't last very long with as much on road driving I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, you could have bought some 36" IROKS and a set of cheap 35" MTs or ATs for what you bought the Hawgs for

[/ QUOTE ] But I also wanted something with a aggressive tread pattern. I like mud more then rocks.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

IROKs aren't agressive ?

17. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Last time I checked Iroks were pretty darn aggressive. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I dunno maybe not..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Really depends on how often you drive... A couple times a week is cool...
    My k5 is my daily driver to school, work, whatever.. I drive my truck hard, not afraid to spin the tires when i get the oppertunity..
    Honestly i'd be suprised if you get 20,000 outta a TSL swamper on the street. I've seen more wear on my 38" TSL's in 2,000 miles than almost 20,000 miles on my 35" BFG mud terrains. Maybe thats just my driving style everyday with a locker though.
    I now have my TSL's in the shed for when i go wheelin, and my old 35" MT's for street driving. You can't have the best of both worlds, I finally realized that, and i'm not going off road every day so its kinda silly to run that aggressive of a tire on my DD.
    If i wasn't driving it every day i probably wouldn't be b!+ching.

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

boggers do sound cool brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif