Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

super traps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MICHIGAN BLAZER, Jun 26, 2000.

1. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, just a quick question. My bro-in-law has a truck that he's putting different exhaust on.....I won't mention what the truck is due to the good chance of persecution, but what he did was rip off the old crappy exhaust & found some 3" stainless pipe. right now it exits right before the rear tire and it sits on the outside of the frame...more towards the body......just straight pipe. It's a little louder than he had expected. What I want to know is how loud are super traps....they're like little muflers right? His exhaust is real short right now....just wondering if those would be enough to knock the noise level down. Also, I don't have any magazines w/ me @ work & was wondering if anyone knew how much they are off the top your head.....how about some cheap knock off super traps?

I guess that's all I need....I'll get busy going back to being bored @ work doing absolutely nothing for another 2-3 hours or so......thanx for any input.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

2. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple>Got this quoute from the Summit Racing Site "Supertrapp mufflers use precisely spaced, removable stainless steel diffuser discs to control backpressure and noise. If you want more top end power for the track where noise isn't critical, just add discs. On the street, where low end power and less noise is important, just remove a few discs. These Supertrapps have a straight through perforated core wrapped with heat-resistant fiberglass, topped off with a set of diffuser discs and an end cap."(Supertrapp @ Summit Racing) Diffuser disc paks run from $13.00 to $25.00. Couldn't find a price on the mufflers themselves though</font color=purple>
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Rick
    86 K-5</font color=purple>

http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

thanx big bad

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout