Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

superior axle vs. warn

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

does anyone know which axle is stronger? both are $99 axles, nonchromoly. vender on 4x4 pirate said the warns are 30% stronger than stock, are the superiors the same? better? worse? they r for a rear 10b. and lets try to keep the " dont waste your money" posts to a minimum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's wrong with the stock ones?

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

How much are the chromoly ones? If I was going to buy shafts I would buy the Chromoly ones instead of the stock replacement ones.

I would say buy what ever shafts you desire, they are probably the same strength.

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I looked at both of those when I was building my old 12 bolt and ended up buying Moser axles.It has been a few years so I dont remember all the details that made them better but you can call or email them.

Do you break axles now?If ya dont,I would just buy stock spares.If you are breaking stuff now chances are you will break an after market stock replacement too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

What I want to know is if the bearing surface is harder. My Detroit has cause the bearing surface to become galled. This happend with the Detroit in two different axle housings and 4 different axle shafts. (I thought the housing that the detroit was in when I bought it was warped and caused this so I moved it into my housing that was doing fine) I have to replace my shafts as a result.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, maybe I should pull mine and check them. Same 20yr old shafts in the back that I started with. 1 yr w/ an EZ and a couple more w/ the Detroit.