Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

superior vs warn axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by G.M.H, May 25, 2006.

1. G.M.H

G.M.H Registered Member

What is the difference between these two for a 28 spline 10-bolt front? Is it the alloy only, or the spline method? I have factory axles now which are getting very sloppy, and would like to change them before they break. Are there any other options for better axleshafts? Will the CTM joints fit both of the axles?

2. Big Truck

Big Truck 1/2 ton status

They are both thru heat treated but the rolled splines on the superiors are stronger, I think they are both made of 4340 and ctms will fit on both, as they both accept full circle clips for the u joint caps.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

superiors are definitely the best mass-produced shaft you can get. Only way you'll get stronger is if you go custom bling bling 300M (CTM, Sandy Cone etc).

j

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I would stay away from the W. More and more of there stuff is made in china and mexico. Every since they were bought out, they got rid of their experienced staff and replaced them with a bunch of accountants with saving money as the primary goal.

Go with the Superior Axles...