Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Superlift drive shaft extension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jul 19, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

anyone ever use one? I dont need my drive shaft to be much longer and this spacer gives 1" sposibly I havent had good experences with superlift but might be worth giving them another shot

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that thing will work. there was one on my last rig i bought. i strongly recommend not using it & spending the green$ to have your shaft lengthened by a driveline shop. it is the only right way to fix it.

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    If you have a flange style front drive output on your transfer case you can use this extension. It is 1 inch thick and is used for the front driveshaft if it uses a flange. I have one on my truck and it works out great. It is solid metal and is very beefy. My u joints/or driveshaft would break way before this thing would even think about it. It worked well for my 6 inch front springs.
    Blake

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

its a 84 ½ton 208 I do want to get my shafts lengthend but right now im at 4in and the front is just BARLEY long enough theres plans for 6in in about a year(mabe sooner) so I dont really wanna do new shafts yet

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

that spacer would be perfect..no need for over 100$ in driveshaft work when a 20 dollar piece will suffice..

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have used a few of them and so have my friends and they work great. No problems from any of ours!!! I recommend them...

7. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

After what height lift does a longer driveshaft/extension become necessary? I'm looking to lift my '73 4-6" and this thread has got me thinking I may be forgetting some important factors to consider.

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

does anyone have any pix of them? and know of a good place to to buy one? the only place i know of is TYRES and i would rather not get it from them

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] Here's a picture of mine. Its the spacer to the right of the transfer case flange. It's 1 inch thick. I'm using it with a 6 inch lift and it works fine. I'm not sure where the best place to get it is, I got mine from the local 4x4 shop.