Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Superlift front spring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scooter122983, Oct 20, 2006.

1. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

Is it possible to take off the bottom spring leafs on my front springs to achieve a lower spring rate, and then put zero-rates in to fill the void, or would i be able to do it without the zero-rates? Or would I be better off buying softer springs.

2. ascuro

ascuro Registered Member

I removed the lower two leafs off my 6-inch Superlifts, and they ride much smoother now. I did have to pick up some shorter center bolts since I didn't use zero-rates though, and a new set of u-bolts since the old ones' threads were damaged from being pressed against the springs/axles.

3. balterbuilt

balterbuilt 1/2 ton status

i removed leaves out of packs numerous times for people. I also grease them with a heavy duty marine application style grease to help reduce friciton (and make stuff stick to them). It does work and there wasn't really a difference in lift odd enough.

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i have superlift softride 6" front leafs... they are so soft that the leafs actually sit at 5" on the truck... then my ord zero rates put me back at 6" :crazy:

5. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did that to the 12" fronts I once had on my 89. Took the bottom two out, lowered it some and actually made the suspesion move!!!