Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

superlift leaf springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4 Cowboy, Mar 18, 2003.

1. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

any of you have them in your rigs. if you do how are they

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I do and they're old and stiff but they work and my truck sits 6" higher than stock because of them.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I run the 6" superlift HD front springs and the superlift 4" rear springs with a 3" tapered block and the ride is excellent. I am thinking about doing the 4" shackle flip and losing the blocks, or a 2" shackle flip with the ORD zero-rates and lose the blocks.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got 6" Superlift Soft rides up front. I bought the ORD 4" Shackle Flip, and will be getting 3" rear lift springs to go with the flip soon.(want rear slightly higher then front) I'm leaning tords Tuff Country, but might go with BDS. I also want to get rid of the blocks, and my stock rear springs are worn out anyways. Will be installing when I do my axle swap. Just need to get a few more things first.

5. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Superlifts ride hard... I wouldnt go for them. Youd probably be much happier with the ride and flex youll get out of a skyjacker, BDS, or tuff country spring.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Superlifts ride hard... I wouldnt go for them. Youd probably be much happier with the ride and flex youll get out of a skyjacker, BDS, or tuff country spring.

[/ QUOTE ] I've already got the Superlift 6" springs up front. Maybe in the future I'll swap them out, but right now I can't afford to.

7. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

I've got an 8" Superlift kit and it does ride hard.

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

4" Superlift up front, shackle flip in the rear. Yep, They are kinda stiff. I will say at highway speeds they are not bad at all, and body roll is non-existant.

John

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have the 6" softrides. they ride great but don't flex well at all. We'll see what happens with longer shocks, my old ones were limiting my travel. </font>

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I have 10" springs in front, (not Superlift) and I was surprised, they arent that stiff!

11. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

I have some skyjacker 8" up front, and Im very happy with how they ride. I took out the bottom leafs in all four and now my truck rides like a cadillac /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The increased flex was also very noticable.

12. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

well i think ill still get them this weekend. im doin a 6in. but if they are stiff i think with my custom bumper im making that weights a whole lot that might make them ride better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif