Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

superlift or BDS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bhintz, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

4wheel parts this weekend in atlanta is doing free install on any superlift lift. I can get a 4inch lift, 4 rsx shocks, brakelines and steering arm installed and everything for $550. My question is superlift good enough to go with for that cheap or should I save for BDS. And are superlift springs pretty stiff up front.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have Superlift up front. Yes, it's alittle stiff, but really not all that bad. I do plan on swapping mine out for either Tuff Country or BDS in the future, but thats more for ride comfort then anything else. (My K5 is a daily Driver).

3. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

the bds lift is sposed to be awesome and the superlift is sposed to be good. personally, i dont think i would let 4wpw do any work on my truck. leaf spring lifts are easy to install and 4 wheel parts has a bad tendency to screw stuff up.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

agreed, 4wpw sucks ass when it comes to installations. They are a decent place to buy stuff from, especially since they will match competitors prices... but i dont let em near my rig anymore.

j

5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGot a quote from a local BDS dealer for the whole 4" kit @ $630.00...Not bad but I have asked them for a break down of the price for just the front springs and steering arm as I will probobly go w/ the rear shackle flip and my old rear springs + ORD bushings etc...Just do it yourself and smack a "Built not Bought" sticker on it when your done...

BDS 4" Front/ 4" Rear
    Front Leaf Springs
    Rear Leaf Springs
    1/2 Ton Vehicle Only

QTY Part# Description
    2 001401 Front Springs
    1 011003 Front Box Kit
    2 001409 Rear Spring 52" Eye to Eye
    1 011009 Rear Box Kit
    1 081401 Steering Arm
    2 55620 Front Shock
    2 55639 Rear Shock

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

thats pretty cheap especially w/ rear springs

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Go with BDS. I run the 5.5" all spring suspension and I love it. It rides a heck of a lot better than my four inch lift. Cant beat their warranty either /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

how much was it for JUST the front springs? just curious, i am prolly gonna get a set of 4" BDS springs... and I dont need anything but the springs, I already have a 4" lift, just want a softer one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

10. jekbrown

no prices on da site. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, but it's got links to all thier dealers, so you can call the nearest one to you for a price quote. I was quoted $290.00 for the 6" front springs (ONLY) at a local dealer in Rapid City, SD.

12. jekbrown

wow $290 huh? <gulp> maybe I will go with tough countrys after all. Price posted on ORDs site for 4" EZ ride front springs is a hundred bucks less at $190. BDS does make a good spring though... good guarentee. <scratches chin> hmmmm...

j

13. jekbrown

just went to http://www.jdsoffroad.com/ they have 4" bds front springs for $182 (not including shipping)... guess they ARE priced competively with tuff country!! now, if i could just find a local dealer to match that price... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j