Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Superlift Or Rancho 2.5-3" Lift?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by jc71355, Nov 10, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Superlift Or Rancho 2.5-3\" Lift?

Anyone here have this? My dad's 95 needs a little lift but he doesn't want a body lift and won't go 4 or 6 becuase of the work. The smaller lift looks much easier to put on than the others. No diff to drop or anything like that. Anyone have any experience with these lifts? Pics? The local 4x4 shop quoted him 1100 for the 2" and 2100 for the 4 or 6. I looked in the catalog and they only want about 500 for the lift so I'm thinking if this isn't too hard to do then we could do it ourselves and save some money.

TIA,
    James

2. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

Re: Superlift Or Rancho 2.5-3\" Lift?

I think the 2-3" lift is just reindexed torsion bars so it's just like cranking the torsion bars an assload. I wouldn't do it.

3. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

the 2-3" lift consists of a diff drop bracket, and i think new upper A arms, maybe new tbars..then an addaleaf on the rear.

installing the lft on your own is really easy, but i don't recommend it the way to go. it'll really through off your steering geometry. you'll end up loosing idler and/or pitman arms left and right. alignment might be a little difficult to keep straight. likethepost above said, it's like cranking your tbars for lift. its a bit better than that, but, not by much.

4. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had a rancho 3" kit on my 93. I liked it . It consisted of diff dropdown brackets and longer upper A arms up front and add-a-leaves in the rear. Some people have mentioned that CV angles are too severe, but i didn't have any trouble with mine. Also, It's pretty easy to install, you don't need to remove the T bars. I did mine with common hand tools.
    RAY