Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Superlift pitman arm

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Sep 14, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

What is the superlift part number for the pitman arm used for crossover steering. And what years steering box is best. I was going to get one for a 2wd 85 1/2 ton pickup.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

1104...??! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

better get confirmation..... my memory fails me regularly - at least I think it does... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marv

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Yup its Sup-1104.

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And what years steering box is best. I was going to get one for a 2wd 85 1/2 ton pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have "read" that there are two different fitting sizes used on these, they changed at some time. I have never worked with swapping these so I don't know. Someone will set me straight on this... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

get the same year range box as you have truck. if you have a 80 and older get a 80 and older box, if 81 and newer get a 81 and newer box.

the 80 and older have a flare fitting and teh 81 and newer have a oring fiting.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    get the same year range box as you have truck. if you have a 80 and older get a 80 and older box, if 81 and newer get a 81 and newer box.

the 80 and older have a flare fitting and teh 81 and newer have a oring fiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the split is '79 and '80 rather than '80 and '81. The '80-on-up boxes are also metric fittings along with the o-ring, too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

There is also what I call a 79.5. Some 1980's models came with the 79 and earlier parts (mine did). It is something to think about. I have only had problems with power steering matching my year so far. Just an FYI.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Never heard that. Hmmm, something new learned today. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Funny how GM made changes in the same year on some stuff. I can't even remember off the top of my head everything GM changed mid-year with some stuff either. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif