Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Superlift, Pro Comp, or Skyjacker??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Oct 3, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hopefully I'll be getting another Blazer soon. I am getting ready to start a job and when that happens I'm going to get a loan and go find another KICK ASS MOBILE!! My next door neighbor(my lawyer) said that I should be able to get money for my truck. It was funny, but she asked me(my lawyer's wife who is going to take my case), "How much do you want?" I laughed and said, "TOO MUCH!" All the time I spent working on it and the things I did.......priceless. I figured up how much it's worth and it came in close to 10K. I told her $8,000 would be fine.....she said, "Ok, no problem." Anyway.......my question is......I'm definately going to use the money I get to lift the next Blazer I get and it's going to be a 6" with springs @ all 4 corners. I don't think Pro Comp does springs, so that's out of the question. Which would have better ride and not sag, Skyjacker or Superlift?? Another thing is......which one is worth the price?? Thanks again guys. This time I'm going to get 35" Boggers. Make it a mad machine!! Later.

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Alex, did I miss an update? Did they ever find your Blazer? If they did do they know who stole it?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am really happy with my Superlift and they are Guaranteed for life.. I got the Superrides ehich I recommend for flex!

HTH and ya, did they ever find your K5?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

Nope never did find it. It's probably long gone. Still don't like to think about it, because I just get really upset and pissed. Wish I could find out who it was and go hang a price on their head, or go jack their car. I did see a lifted Blazer/Jimmy a week or so ago. Had the same tires and wheels and had a shitty ass Krylon paint job. It was moving so I couldn't see the wheels, but my lawyer said he has seen it and the tires and wheels are just like my old ones. Someone is probably driving it around town. Better hope I don't see it go by while I'm walking!! HAHA

Alex

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I have an 88 with the 6" superlift superrides all the way around. Didnt want to do blocks. Just dont like them. I am also running 35x16x15 boggers. If i can find a scanner i will send you pics of it. The superlifts i got i am totally pleased with and ride like a dream. I love them.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

6. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Check out BDS springs and lifts.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's [​IMG]

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

Hey Rebel88, that's the exact same set-up I was planning on going with. 6" lift and 35-16-15 Boggers. What kind of wheels are you running on there too?? I have also considered an 8" suspension and 3" body, then run 39" Boggers. I have a connection that can get me a 1-ton rear and 3/4-ton front for $100 for both. There's nothing wrong with them really, the 1-ton needs new axle shafts. Let me know about the wheels. Thanks

Alex

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I am runnning 15x12 Eaton chrome wheels. They are pretty nice and sturdy as hell for the price I paid for them. I can tell you that at full lock my boggers tap just a little on that small piece of metal and trim on the back of the front fender. It is no big deal to cut that out but I just left mine. It hasnt done any damage so I really didnt think it would be necessary. I am also now considering putting the longer front shackles and doing the flip in the rear for some more height. I will do some body lift if I absolutely have to. I want to run 39.5 boggers too. A friend of mine has a set on 15x14 wheels on a Toyota(same lug pattern) that he wants 1500 for. He has only had them for about 3 months. Are you going to get those new axles? If not let me know the details. I am looking right now for either 3/4 ton or 1 ton running gear and have had no luck thus far. I am checking out my options right now.

Any more questions let me know man.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

9. I have BDS springs and love them.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

10. Heath-La. 89GMC

Heath-La. 89GMC 1/2 ton status

Skyjacker, Skyjacker, Skyjacker

11. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I've had Supelift 6"ers on the wife's Suburban for 7 years now. They've held up pretty well, although are down to about 4 1/2" now...course that's after 7 years and 200,000 miles, so not too bad.

ken

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Did I understand you correctly that a 14Bff needs new axleshafts?
    What did they do to it?
    -- Mike