Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"SUPERSIZE ME " Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Apr 5, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just got through watching the movie "supersize me" .

GROSS!!! They made this guy go on a Mc Donalds diet for 30 days, and in that 30 days he could eat nothing but Mc Donalds, in witch he gained about 40 puonds, his body got all screwed up, he was tired all the time ,,, just basically his body was starting to shut down.Liver failure etc, All from a pure Mc Donalds diet .

I eat fast food, or i mean "i used to eat fast food " after watching that movie. I have to say, go and watch it, for those who havent seen it, you probobly wont eat fast food again . It will make an impact on you. I look at that food like disgusting gut wrenching slop that i never want to touch again, even though it tastes good. Yeah thats it, no more fast food, im done. You guys should check the movie out, really, Later , Jacob :waytogo:

BTW ,,at the end of the movie, it said itonly took only 30 days for him to gain the weight, it took him over a year to loose the 40 pounds. He was 182 when he started, and like 220 at the end. Sick . :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

yeah, I saw that. But one thing to think about.. he was not a 100% veggy.. but his girlfiend was, so I'm sure his body is not used to that type of diet. Althoug he eats meat.. he probably does not eat it as aften as say, I do.

Like someone who does not drink beer.. and then would go on a 30 day binge.. their liver would not tollerate it like someone who drinks here and there.

It even mentioned that the guy who eats a couple of big mac's everyday.. (can you believe that) actually had a good score on many of those checks.

But, yes, it is a pretty interesting flick to watch... and does make you think. But, it's no big surprise to me that fast food isn't good for anyone.. I also found it pretty interesting that McD's does not offer "super sizes" anymore. :thinking:

It (the show) did make me hungry for a big mac though.. :crazy: :grin:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah great movie, it came out in film festivels and just befor its wide relese they pulled the supersize off the menu!

and that guy who ate the 19 000 big mac is one of the few who hass the motabolizim for it, plus he never eats the fries

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Did you check out the special features? "the smoking fry" is where he takes one of each McDonalds burgers/sandwich's and their fries and put's each one in a glas jar to see how long it takes to rot. He also does the same to some mom and Pop burger and their home-made fries.

It took 2 weeks for the Big mac to even show any mold. At 10 weeks the McDonalds fries looked like they were still fresh...and that is scary. They must deep fry them in fromaldahyde. :)

I haven't eaten there since, and actually started buying and eating healthier foods :crazy:

Rene

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I watched that with my boy after I went to the Dr. and got my cholesterol checked, needless to say we were both grossed out and in the following two months I lost 15 pounds and am waiting foir the results of my last blood test, it should be good news...

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

After watching that movie, i went to mcdonalds and ordered 3 double cheeseburgers. Next time i go to hardees im ordering 2 Double Bacon Cheese Thickburgers with everything, nothing like 2800 calories and 215 grams of fat in one sitting, and thats not counting the fries :D .

Im going to enjoy my iron stomach and high metabolism while i can. No, im not in the greatest shape, but at 6'5" and 205 pounds, im not in to bad of shape either.

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I think it's because all the salt they put on the fries. I used to work there in my teens and they were very liberal with it. I ordered some the other week and could taste nothing but the salt then my lips burned from it.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You could clearly see those fries were not bathed in salt. Around here about half the time you get them the fries have no salt on them...

Rene

9. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

I second that, as a college student I live on fast food. Granted I have the metabolism to do so right now and I only weigh 155lbs, so I think Im doing ok. Might as well eat it while I can :grin: