Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SuperWinch Hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Jul 27, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Anyone hear of SuperWinch hubs before? Are thry decent? Have them on my '83 I just bought. Do they have any plastic parts? - Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Warn hubs and Milemarker hubs have the same internals. In fact Milemarker was the first to make the hubs. Warn used to pay Milemarker a copyright fee to use the same design as Milemarker. Warn just spends more money on advertising to get there name out to the public, thats why you don't hear about Milemarker hubs very often. Buy the Milemarker premium for less money and get the same unit.

4. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

I replaced my Auto hubs with superwinch manual hubs, i have yet to have any problems with them.They are all metal,no plastic parts in them.....

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've got a set of the superwinch hubs on my blazer. They replaced a set of MM that I couldn't STAND. They were a nightmare to put on, and change out, the finish wore off in about a year and one of them basically fell apart in my hand. The superwinch aren't much better. I only had them on for about a month before one of them went out. Got it replaced then it trashed. Got it replaced and then blasted off a tree stump. Ended it's life and warranty won't cover that. The milemarkers aren't the same as a warn, at least not that I'm aware of. The warn premium seems to be the general thought around here and most everywhere else that I've seen. Nobody that I've talked to has had anykind of problems with them. I'm gonna be using a set of original Dana Spicer Hubs on my new axle, so I'll see how those hold up too.

Just my $0.02
    Kyle
    89K5

6. I have ran Superwinch hubs on my 88 Burb for three years and I have had zero problems with them !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

7. I also have superwinch hubs,they were on it when i bought it.Mine work fine,there 4 years old and i'm pretty hard on the old thing.I was told by a friend to put just a drop of marien motor oil in the hubs when servicing them.I installed o rings on my hub screws when i reinstalled them when i installed new rotors and wheel bearings.I also put patrolem jelly around the seals to help keep water out.Mite be waste of time but every little bit may help.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

8. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I run SuperWinch hubs as well and have had 0 problems with mine. They are easy to take apart to clean if needed. My only complaint is that the big O-ring that is used to seal it up has long since tore apart. I use Orange RTV to seal it up now, but I'd rather use a new O-ring. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

9. I goy mine from a place that makes hydrolic lines for heavy equipment,i took my hub in and matched it up.I got 10 for $4.95.That way I did'nt have to drive 40 miles to get them again!!
    Hope this helps.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!