Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

superwinch locking hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin72, Nov 3, 2000.

1. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Hey guys just wondering if superwinch locking hubs are worth the money. A friend of mine has a new set in the box for 50$ Just wondering if they are worth it. They are going on my 72 K5 dana 44

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

for $50 you can't beat it, I think that superwinch is an allright product, not as good as MileMarker or Warn but if you arent into extreme rockcrawling I doubt that you'll explode one. Do they have the brass exterior? and does your friend still have the warranty slip for you?
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

3. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Mine have been on a year and a half. No problems. I don't rock crawl, just mud and snow up here! I paid $55.00 for mine new from a Fleetpride heavy truck shop.
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

4. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

I haven't got to take a look at them yet, but I will keep you posted. I figured they had to be better than the stock ones I have on it now/ They are just going to be for back up. I will check on the warranty. DO they have some type of warranty when you by them new?