Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Support Our Troops" magnetic ribbons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Oct 4, 2004.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

\"Support Our Troops\" magnetic ribbons

I'm sure that most of you have seen the magnetic "Support Our Troops" ribbons that many people have on their cars. Does anyone know if this is some sort of deal that contributes some or all of the profits to our military or is it companies that just want to get rich at the expense of our brave men and women? I want one but will not buy one if it is just going to make some a$$wipe rich.

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Support Our Troops\" magnetic ribbons

I've never seen them sold off base, but the ones on base indirectly are supposed to help keep costs down for our military to shop on base. How much a $5 sticker will help, but regardless-its a show of support for our boys (and girls)so if you want it to be known nobody will fault you if you helped some guy get rich. Its the american way, isn't it?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

A local gas station around here (Moto-Mart) sells them for $2.99, I looked on the packaging and there was no mention of helping the military. I support our troops, but I will not let someone make any money off of me at the expense of others' lives.

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I've never seen them sold off base, but the ones on base indirectly are supposed to help keep costs down for our military to shop on base.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Keep the prices down on base, now thats funny!!! I wish that MCCS would come up with some kind of way to help our troopies out. I know now all they are in it for is the $$$ there is no helping anyone out. You can get most everything cheaper off base and for most people its more convienient as well. The whole tax free makes no difference when its several dollars cheaper. Now the commassary is a good deal but not the PX/BX's soapbox off...............

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Every person who has one around here drives like a asswipe. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

im all for supporting our troops, but.. man, sell it to the people who can drive please.

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i got mine from the boy scouts and i think they split the pot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If I find out they don't help support the military I will throw mine away and my Mom's, Dad's, and girlfriend's too.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i don't know where my friend got his,i'll ask him tommorow. i hope someone benefits from it besides the manufacturer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif