Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sure is windy in Kansas! Made it home with the M1008

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

This is another one of those Look at what I have in my garage posts. I met with thatK30guy yesterday and picked up my fine looking 84 M1008. We pulled it home on a brand new trailer without problems. Now, I need to get to work!

Thanks Wes! I recommend purchasing from Wes to anyone. One more thing we didn't chat about while there sir. What are you going to do with all those 14 bolt Disk Brake brackets? What about the weld on brackets - where did you get those (we were jabbering and forgot to mention these). Can you either do a writeup or post with photos of all the brackets you have purchased and list prices and comparo's? I would like a set of those spacers to mount factory 3/4 ton backing plates - who made them?

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

congrats neil, good luck on getting it all under your blazer /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i met with fulltopblazer (nick) this weekend and did a little swapping of my own, my 87 k10 for his 84 c30, now i can sell my half ton tow rig and have a real tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Glad to meet you again, Neil! First time at BIGFOOT 4x4, and then at my home. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Also great to meet Jim, too, since we've e-mailed back and forth quite a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm already going thru withdrawals over the M1008. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I miss it already!

Those weld-on brackets you saw were the thin, 1/4" thick steel, made by A&A Manufacturing. I saw someone made a post about them, so I checked them out and ordered some. Was gonna use them for the comparision with the other brackets to let others know NOT to buy the A&A brackets. IMO, they are just too thin and don't appear to be strong enough to work or fasten to the axle very well.

I'm keeping all the brackets because I love the way how someone can fabricate something out of some metal. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just like to collect stuff like this. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The spacers that fit behind the 3/4 ton front backing plates were made by 45acp. I sent him the dimensions and he made them. These spacers and backing plates are mock-ups to what Off Road Unlimited sells. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I had these made because the kit ORU sells is like $800 or $900. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Neil, so you were off spending all your money. Now after all the spending, you've taken on another job...umm..."how much do I need to send to have a finished truck"
    We all know the answer to that one /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Neil,
    Hurry up taking that thing apart because I need your old parts !! Let me come down and buy some of those parts off ya some weekend soon. If i don't get to wrench on something..i'm gonna go crazy.. i don't have my garage here at college. poor me...
    Blake

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sweet deal! Couldn't stand to be 1/2 ton any longer, huh Neil? Now if the money tree I planted will start growin' maybe I can get some too. I'll run that 1/2 ton stuff into the ground first, though.

John